Would you live in Canberra?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
SatNavSaysStraightOn

SatNavSaysStraightOn

Changed hemispheres!
Ahhhh, the M6. Then you'll have the pleasures of the M42, M40 and M25. Now there's 4 extremely good reasons I can think of for emigrating to Australia. You won't be looking back on British motorways with tears in your eyes!
You missed out the m4! (We fly from terminal 3 which uses the m4...) And no we won't miss those motorways. We used to live down towards Haslemere on the A3, both families are north of Stoke-On-Trent, so we know the route rather too well.

PS. We're not emigrating. We are overseas workers who still pay NI contributions on all wages earned overseas... Just for fun that is you know....

classic33

Leg End Member
Gate now closed and there's been a change of aircraft.

Well they're off, 12 minutes late mind. Will she use the the onboard WiFi now?

First leg in this non-stop flight, Duration: 6 hours 40 minutes

Diverting to avoid entering Syrian & Iraqi airspace(zero & eight in total in that airspace at present)

Last edited:

classic33

Leg End Member
They departed Dubai, late, but have since disappeared from radar, over the Indian Ocean. There is is still a "ping" from the plane though.

OP
OP
SatNavSaysStraightOn

SatNavSaysStraightOn

Changed hemispheres!
Hi all.

Been busy sorting life out. It's mid afternoon here. T shirt weather to us Brits but several layers and even woolly hats for some capital goers! Supermarkets seen thin on the ground. Yet to find anything larger enough to really be any big enough to be called anything other than a local spar!

Still trying to identify birds and everything else but have recognise the blue skies, oak trees and roads!

There flight was fine. Australian customs no issues at all. Couple of questions as to why we answered yes to the immigration questions of do you have any food stuffs with you and any plant materials such as... and wooden items. Well yes. I have a wooden handled hairbrush, wooden handled knives and so on... everything OK because the food was crisps we had bought in the UK to eat there and on the flight but the vegan food on Qantas was so good there was no need. I was kept too well fed if anything.

Struggling to find much at the moment but get the hire car tomorrow but have a bad feeling only my OH is going to be able to drive it because it is hired in his works name by them which means viewing rental houses is going to be difficult and I'm not going to have transport until we purchase a car. Sorted bank yesterday. Today I'm not certain what we have sorted except evening meal for tomorrow! But hey ho.

That's about it today.

Top Bottom