Would you live in Canberra?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

raleighnut

Legendary Member
Hi all.

Been busy sorting life out. It's mid afternoon here. T shirt weather to us Brits but several layers and even woolly hats for some capital goers! Supermarkets seen thin on the ground. Yet to find anything larger enough to really be any big enough to be called anything other than a local spar!

Still trying to identify birds and everything else but have recognise the blue skies, oak trees and roads!

There flight was fine. Australian customs no issues at all. Couple of questions as to why we answered yes to the immigration questions of do you have any food stuffs with you and any plant materials such as... and wooden items. Well yes. I have a wooden handled hairbrush, wooden handled knives and so on... everything OK because the food was crisps we had bought in the UK to eat there and on the flight but the vegan food on Qantas was so good there was no need. I was kept too well fed if anything.

Struggling to find much at the moment but get the hire car tomorrow but have a bad feeling only my OH is going to be able to drive it because it is hired in his works name by them which means viewing rental houses is going to be difficult and I'm not going to have transport until we purchase a car. Sorted bank yesterday. Today I'm not certain what we have sorted except evening meal for tomorrow! But hey ho.

That's about it today.
At least you're still driving on the correct side of the road.

NATANI64.jpg

Or https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=info.gaiaguide.android.app.australianbirds

Last edited:

classic33

Leg End Member
There's a Lonely Planet book, only available in Australia. I was wondering.....

Nice to know you got there okay, and a trouble free non-stop flight. Has time caught up with you yet?

OP
OP
SatNavSaysStraightOn

SatNavSaysStraightOn

Changed hemispheres!
Has time caught up with you yet?
No. I'm still the same age I was when I left :okay:

No issues with jetlag. Just sleeping well when I left myself at night. Actually got 6hrs straight list night without waking which is unheard of with my back. Mind you from 3:30am it was back to normal sadly.

classic33

Leg End Member
You soon get the travel phase done with, and then it's back to normal.

How'd you manage to leave yourself?

Lullabelle

Banana
I know you've just got there, but where’s all the photos

Maybe she got lost in IKEA :unsure:

Gravity Aided

Legendary Member
Interesting fact: Due to the Coriolis effect, the routes around Ikea go anti-clockwise in the Southern hemisphere where as they go clockwise in the North.
Ikea isn't really big enough, and I think vortexes go around counter clockwise in the Northern Hemisphere, and clockwise in the southern, with a few exceptions. I state this because sometimes, about 1 in 1000 tornadoes in the States go around clockwise. I went to a place where my dogs go for day care when I'm out of town, as these people are really into dogs, and don't want rover disrupted in his daily routine, you are not allowed to go into the big barn where the dogs are, but they showed me on closed circuit television, and here were all the dogs ambling around, counter-clockwise. (While some, like Maximillian, sat on some little elevated structures and, I suppose, supervised.)((Heidi is allowed to hang out in the office, I think.))

Top Bottom