wrapping presents

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Not just Xmas but that's always the time I am reminded just how useless I am at doing it. I admit I have no interest in getting better at it. It's done with a snarl and a tearing of paper, a chopping of scissors and a lot of scrunching. They look like they've been wrapped by the dog who doesn't have an opposable thumb. "Wot?" oh, he said if he'd chewed the paper for forty minutes it wouldn't look as bad as my wrapping. At the moment there's a bunch of Grinch like objects under the tree. I suppose some of you are good at it?

Last edited:

vernon

Harder than Ronnie Pickering
Something that I tried with considerable success was to wrap presents in aluminium foil. It's a lot cheaper than wrapping paper and a large roll will cover loads of presents. It also has the advantage of staying put when you fold the ends down which removes the need for a second pair of hands for the sellotape.

OP
OP
C

Crackle

Something that I tried with considerable success was to wrap presents in aluminium foil. It's a lot cheaper than wrapping paper and a large roll will cover loads of presents. It also has the advantage of staying put when you fold the ends down which removes the need for a second pair of hands for the sellotape.
Cunning and it's shiny too. Shiny is good.

numbnuts

Legendary Member
Not just Xmas but that's always the time I am reminded just how useless I am at doing it. I admit I have no interest in getting better at it. It's done with a snarl and a tearing of paper, a chopping of scissors and a lot of scrunching of paper. They look like they've been wrapped by the dog who doesn't have an opposable thumb. "Wot?" oh, he said if he'd chewed the paper for forty minutes it wouldn't look as bad as my wrapping. At the moment there's a bunch of Grinch like objects under the tree. I suppose some of you are good at it?
I'm the same

helston90

Eat, sleep, ride, repeat.
I'm not too bad at it- for about the first 10 minutes- they look lovely!
Then I realize that I shouldn't be doing this without alcohol, so things slowly get worse and worse until remembering what I've wrapped is the biggest challenge!

Luckily for me, Mrs D is quite fussy about presents being wrapped nicely with ribbons and stuff, which as I'm crap at it means I only have to do hers.
What makes it easier (so I'm told) is a proper Sellotape dispenser. We've got a 1960's one that we inherited from our old neighbours which weighs about 50lb, the trouble is I've been tasked with getting it out of the high cupboard today (my contribution to Christmas) and I can't find it, which is a bit strange as it's about the same size as an average 1960's family car.

marknotgeorge

Hol den Vorschlaghammer!
I used to get my sister to do the wrapping, by fair means or foul. Sadly she moved out long before I moved back in. Now I tell myself that at least the girls won't destroy the presents trying to get into over-securely wrapped presents.

raleighnut

Legendary Member
What a cracking idea (or is that a crackling idea) I must try it if I ever send any presents (I'm quite successful on the "Don't send me any and I won't either" school of things my take is "lets get together and have a few (or a lot of) drinkies" rather than buying summat. I'd sooner see my friends and my family (well most of em anyway)

summerdays

Cycling in the sun
I'm not fond of wrapping presents, and I know I will leave it till the day before, but I'm gradually getting to the point of OK. Some of my friends love doing it and you almost don't want to undo their creations.

tyred

Legendary Member
The first one or two will be super neat and tidy, then I will think fark it and just wrap the rest any old way so that even something straightforward to wrap like a box of Milk Tray will end up looking a like there is a televison aerial inside.

Top Bottom