England : North Yorkshire york humber york 105 miles 25th june

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
busdennis

busdennis

Veteran
found a link to the proposed route
https://ridewithgps.com/routes/6946113
it would be a great route for your first imperial century and will hopefully be my first with singlespeed

Last edited:
It was a great day last year. Too busy to organise this year but I know @busdennis will do a grand job. Hope to make it too if I can.

Ride is flat for first 50 miles, one moderate cllimb with a lovely descent in the second half, quiet country roads, Humber Bridge crossing, nice first century ride if anyone wants to tick that box.

StuAff

Silencing his legs regularly
Most excellent day it was. Unfortunately, this year's clashes with the Cardiff-Swansea FNRttC, so I'll do that if I get the leave.

OP
OP
busdennis

busdennis

Veteran
no problems Slioch. I'm just going to let the thread roll along for a bit then stat selling the ride a bit closer to the time but its good to have you on board :thumbsup:

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
I may be able to do this ride. I have a few things already pencilled in for June, one of which is a repeat run of my 200 km forum ride in Cheshire. That clashed with this ride last year, but I will make sure that it doesn't this year by running it in the first half of the month instead. I'll also choose other weekends for the remaining family visits etc.

I probably won't be able to get a lift but coming in by train should be ok. How far is the ride start/finish from York station?

Pale Rider

Legendary Member
I may be able to do this ride. I have a few things already pencilled in for June, one of which is a repeat run of my 200 km forum ride in Cheshire. That clashed with this ride last year, but I will make sure that it doesn't this year by running it in the first half of the month instead. I'll also choose other weekends for the remaining family visits etc.

I probably won't be able to get a lift but coming in by train should be ok. How far is the ride start/finish from York station?

Left out of the station, left over the first bridge and up the bank to the Minster is about the strength of it.

I may be there to guide you, but it's a bit too early for me to make any bolder commitment.

OP
OP
busdennis

busdennis

Veteran
well folks, the 25th June will soon be with us and its time to get this thread active, its a fantastic route from York minster via Goole (quick stop for snacks) to Barton upon Humber for cafe lunch before crossing the bridge and meandering back to York.all welcome

OP
OP
busdennis

busdennis

Veteran
hi cyclechat world.
Due to the underwhelming response im wondering if this is going to be a viable ride and worth taking a Saturday off work. Don't want to let riders down but i have more time midweek, is this any good to interested riders?

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
I was just wondering today about this ride. I'm still interested but I'm not sure what the train journey from Todmorden to York would be like mid-week during commuting hours with my bike. It might be ok, or it might be a nightmare ... The only time that I couldn't get on a train was at Leeds once when it was jammed full of commuters.

I would certainly prefer a Saturday, but I can see why you wouldn't want to take the day off without a decent turnout. Maybe you need to shout a bit louder? Like this ...

COME ON YOU LOT - THIS SOUNDS LIKE A GOOD RIDE, AND NOT TOO CHALLENGING. SIGN UP BELOW!!!

:okay:

StuAff

Silencing his legs regularly
I'm only out of this one because I'll be in another part of the country. It's not a good ride, it's a great ride.

Top Bottom