Yorkshire Dales forum ride from Settle, Sun 26th June

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
ColinJ

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
Sorry, was just me being naughty :blush:
Let's hope we're both a bit lighter by the next time we meet :thumbsup:
To tell you the truth, I'm a bit annoyed with myself for letting things get to this stage!

My dad had serious problems with his joints and my mum with the veins in her legs. I seem to have inherited both sets of problems so the least I can do is to get my weight down to avoid making the problems worse.

Hopefully, I will also have inherited the long-life genes - both my parents lived to their mid-80s and many in my family got to 90+!

pubrunner

Legendary Member
The strain of trying to cart 16+ stone over big northern hills is beginning to wear out various bits of my ageing body!

Talk about self, self, self; what about us - your loyal supporters ? :whistle: We are also ageing and getting worn out; but we still want to do one of your epic rides !

I really do need to lose weight now.

Another ride from Settle, will help you to lose weight :thumbsup:

The strain of trying to cart 16+ stone over big northern hills is beginning to wear out various bits of my ageing body!

We could try some smaller northern hills :thumbsup:

pubrunner

Legendary Member
I seem to be good for about 50 hilly miles at the moment or 80-100 flatter miles.

Either would be good :thumbsup: , I'm sure that you'd get a great deal of support - I intend to do at least one of your rides and I'd bring some others up with me.

Now, what's the best turnout that you've had for a ride ?

OP
OP
ColinJ

ColinJ

Either would be good :thumbsup: , I'm sure that you'd get a great deal of support - I intend to do at least one of your rides and I'd bring some others up with me.
Sounds good!
Now, what's the best turnout that you've had for a ride ?
The Settle ride was a big one, as were the 2 flattish century rides and the 'PaulB recovery ride'. I can't remember the exact numbers but they stick in my mind as being popular rides.

We've definitely had 13-15 riders, maybe a few more. TBH, I don't think I'd like the rides to get too much bigger than that because of the problems of keeping track of everyone, the increasing risk of punctures, and the delays getting served at cafe stops. Also - it is hard to get round everyone to say hello.

I think the rides mentioned were all pretty special - good turnouts, but not so many riders that we had real problems with the numbers.

Rohloff_Brompton_Rider

Formerly just_fixed
Sounds good!

The Settle ride was a big one, as were the 2 flattish century rides and the 'PaulB recovery ride'. I can't remember the exact numbers but they stick in my mind as being popular rides.

We've definitely had 13-15 riders, maybe a few more. TBH, I don't think I'd like the rides to get too much bigger than that because of the problems of keeping track of everyone, the increasing risk of punctures, and the delays getting served at cafe stops. Also - it is hard to get round everyone to say hello.

I think the rides mentioned were all pretty special - good turnouts, but not so many riders that we had real problems with the numbers.

plus they used to be fat boy slow socializing rides, your rides seem to attract quite a few serious riders now, a bit unnerving for the ones whose fitness isn't what it once was.

OP
OP
ColinJ

ColinJ

To tell you the truth, I'm a bit annoyed with myself for letting things get to this stage!

My dad had serious problems with his joints and my mum with the veins in her legs. I seem to have inherited both sets of problems so the least I can do is to get my weight down to avoid making the problems worse.
Oops, too late ... 3 months later I nearly died! :eek: (I didn't come back to this thread to post that but it needed mentioning! :laugh:)

No, just a reminder that I will be organising a very similar ride again this year, to take place on Saturday, 25th July (subject to acceptable weather) so here is plenty of notice ...

BOOK THE DAY OFF WORK/FAMILY DUTIES FOR THE RIDE - I DEMAND A GOOD TURN OUT FOR THIS ONE!!! :okay:

Top Bottom