You can tell its winter because .......

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

speccy1

The rain water that sits on my garage roof freezes, I can smell people`s log and coal fires (sods, gas is so boring!), I can see my breath on the commute to work, and I have a decent outlook of the open fields behind my house because the trees are now bare

mjr

Comfy armchair to one person & a plank to the next
To be fair on the car, it's 13 yrs old now and since I retired, it only gets to go out about once a week. So to keep him happy, bought him a new battery and now starts like a young'n.
Don't personify the car. He doesn't like it.

Solar trickle chargers are very useful when you drive less. I started to have problems with the car not holding charge, so I took it to the dealer (the battery was still under warranty) and they said they'd never seen a battery in such poor health that still started the car :eek: and I'm not sure if that's a good thing or not :laugh: because it probably delayed spotting the battery failure. Apparently, list price for those batteries was three figures :eek:

midlife

Guru
Car wouldn't start - flat battery.

To be fair on the car, it's 13 yrs old now and since I retired, it only gets to go out about once a week. So to keep him happy, bought him a new battery and now starts like a young'n.

Ctek battery conditioners are also a good choice ;)

Shaun

Dave 123

Legendary Member
John Lewis ruin another great song with a wistful cover version sung by a waif.

SD1

Bike with spikes on moved from shed to garage.
Buying a torch for walking the dog.
Puddings instead of cakes....let me rephrase that, more puddings less cake.
Getting to the pub in the dark instead of just leaving in the dark.
Trying to remember when I last recharged the batteries for the bike lights.
It gets dark earlier.

Gravity Aided

Legendary Member
I'm looking at 2-3 inches of icy snow, I'm convinced. Although it should warm up later this week. If this is going to be one of those winters, I might as well look in to going to Florida in February. Or Cuba.

Top Bottom