Young British Pro Cyclists

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
Flying_Monkey

Flying_Monkey

Recyclist
The Endura squad have currently got teams in two major races in Europe simultaneously, which I think is a first for them: the Settimana Internazionale Coppi e Bartoli and the Tour de Normandie. JTL is in Italy, and the team there were second in the TTT today, meaning that he and 3 other Endura riders are in the Top 10. Meanwhile in Normandy, Ian Wilkinson went one better, winning from the break on Stage 3. But the TdN is a tough old race and there's plenty of stages to go. The remainder of the SICeB should show us just whether JTL can really compete with the best on the European Tour...

raindog

er.....
Thanks for the news you two - these smaller races are sometimes difficult to keep track of.

Tiernan-Locke is nicely placed for when they hit the mountains - today?

OP
OP
Flying_Monkey

Flying_Monkey

Recyclist
Well, Endura continue to impress in Normandy with a solo win for young Brit, Erick Rowsell, today. In Italy, where the team seems to be riding for Paul Voss of Germany, he is still in contention, but JTL didn't mount a challenge today, and is down in 56th overall.

Erick Rowsell is doing well, including only a second behind the leader in the young rider comp. That is a tight race too, with only 2 minutes and change separating the top couple of dozen after 5 stages.

OP
OP
Flying_Monkey

Flying_Monkey

Recyclist
Robert Partridge 6th today in Normandy, Endura have 3 in the Top 20. Also Simon Yates riding for the GB national team over there is finishing consistenly in the Top 10 or so, which is also good news for the future.

rich p

ridiculous old lush
Tobyn Horton 3rd 2 days ago and 2nd in yesterday's stage in Mexico.

http://www.cyclingnews.com/races/vuelta-mexico-2012/stage-6/results

OP
OP
Flying_Monkey

Flying_Monkey

Recyclist
Tobyn Horton 3rd 2 days ago and 2nd in yesterday's stage in Mexico.

Oh, yeah - I almost forgot Raleigh were down there. That's a tough race too.

Meanwhile back in Normandy, Jonathan McEvoy was 2nd today and Scott Thwaites 4th in the final stage. Erick Rowsell finished 7th overall. I'm not sure, but I think Endura must have taken the Team classification. Pretty damn impressive all round.

rich p

ridiculous old lush
Oh, yeah - I almost forgot Raleigh were down there. That's a tough race too.

OT - Incidentally, the Volta a Mexico was won by that serial rogue Oscar Sevilla who was up before CAS this week to have his 6 month ban maybe upgraded to 2 years. Not sure what happened though as he's clearly still racing. Michael rasmussen was also in the race too.xx(

23 year old Liam Holohan in 20th was top Brit.

OP
OP
Flying_Monkey

Flying_Monkey

Recyclist
Yeah, that was a good ride. He also had a really good performance in the Tour de Beauce over here in Quebec recently, featuring in breaks and only missing out on a stage win by a microsecond... he might well be signing to a World Tour team next year.

Top Bottom