Young Miss 3BM Can Now Ride a Bike!!!!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

threebikesmcginty

Corn Fed Hick...
Just got the hang of it this week and today was charging up and down the park at a vast rate of knots.

She was given a lovely Puky bike (affectionately known as Pukey!) which was abandoned in a skip - fashionable single speed with coaster brake hub and has now mastered riding it without stabilisers!

Proud father and all that! :biggrin:

Noodley

Well done to her :tongue:

Younger Noodlette learned to ride a few weeks ago and is now whizzing about all over the place. :biggrin:

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Well done..my little miss mastered it a month or two back, but we can't get her to ride her bike at all now......... very frustrating

Maz

Guru
Well done her! And well done to you for rescuing the bike from a skip. That bike has lived to teach another person to ride!

Abitrary

Maz said:
Well done her! And well done to you for rescuing the bike from a skip. That bike has lived to teach another person to ride!

And a big thank you to the providers of the skip. A seemingly barren metal receptacle has once again surprised us with its bike bearing fecundity and that always brings a tear to my eye.

Maz

Guru
Abitrary said:
A seemingly barren metal receptacle has once again surprised us with its bike bearing fecundity...
Yep, and not just the bearings...it was the whole bike!

Arch

Married to Night Train
fossyant said:
Well done..my little miss mastered it a month or two back, but we can't get her to ride her bike at all now......... very frustrating

Have you thought of forbidding her to, or at least, disapproving...:biggrin:

I'm so looking forward to getting my nephew onto two wheels - I worry that I'm going to make too much of it, and I'll have to remember not to push him (I don't mean physically!). On the other hand, he's showing a promising interest in things with wheels on. Apparently he can now distinguish between a bike and a 'bruuummm-bike'...

Anyway, well done to Miss 3BM. If she got another two bikes, she'd be 3BMiss 3BM, or 3BM3BM, or 3BM(squared)

It's so nice to see youngsters finally getting going unassisted on two wheels. We passed a father a his young son the other week. I thought the boy looked small as the bike he was riding was tiny. Turned out he was TWO!!!!!!!!!!! :blush: And he was going like the clappers. Well as fast as his little legs could go anyway.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Well, my little miss decided that it was sunny yesterday, she had a ride about with mum. We'll try again today - very opinionated these (nearly) six year old ladies....

Another well done for Miss 3BM. It's great, isn't it? It always amazes me how quickly they get gone once they've mastered the basics.

Littlest-LC got there a few weeks ago (round about the same time as Younger Noodlette I think if I'm remembering previous threads right) and we've just done our first "tour" as a family over the weekend: Groombridge to East Grinstead and back along the "Forest Way" including a night's stop in a Travel Inn on the edge of E Grinstead.

Including detours and wandering about, it was about 15 miles each way and - much to my surprise - Littlest-LC did the lot all by herself .. I was expecting to tow her for some of it.

Top Bottom