Your walk today...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

gbb

Squire
Location
Peterborough
Took Digby the Lab up into local disused brickpits for half an hour..its spitting, ground is slightly damp, mix that with the heavy clay thats all over the pits...bosh, straight down on my backside as I negotiated a small ditch.
As if that wasnt bad enough, I looked at my new rain coat (Craghoppers)...yukky, theres mud all up one sleeve.
It gets worse. ..it wasnt mud, as I fell the bag of dog poop i was carrying unwittingly fell under me, split...and thats what was up my arm.
Home, coat in the wash which will no doubt wash out some of the waterproof.
Ah well...dog was oblivious and is now laid out on the rug .
 
OP
OP
Jameshow

Jameshow

Guru
Walk over to hardcastle crags from Haworth on Saturday.

18 miles in 6 hours.

IMG-20260926-WA0018.jpeg


IMG-20260926-WA0022.jpeg


IMG-20260926-WA0022.jpeg


IMG-20260926-WA0012.jpeg


IMG-20260926-WA0004.jpeg
 

Attachments

  • IMG-20260926-WA0002.jpeg
    IMG-20260926-WA0002.jpeg
    185.3 KB · Views: 0

PeteXXX

Cake or ice cream? The choice is endless ...
Location
Hamtun
Up early yesterday morning, not to catch the sunrise as it was misty & 100% cloud cover. Not raining, though.

Screenshot_20260929-100850~2.jpg

As I'm doggy-sitting Teddy, the bonkers Cockerpoo, I had two dogs with new sniffing places in which to compete. .!

DSC_8643~2.JPG


Parking in Lubenham, I was on tarmac until the canal bank towards Foxton Locks, a flight of 16, I think, locks and a boat ramp/lift.
Lovely place at the time of day I was there but heaving during peak times..

DSC_8647.JPG


DSC_8644.JPG


DSC_8658.JPG


DSC_8661.JPG


Tge footpath back to Lubenham and the car wasn't quite as straightforward as my OS map says as some was over a ploughed field and some was unsigned & diverted around the staff car park for the new Gartree prison being extended..
I found my way back, though..

6½ miles walked (Teddy probably did 10) with the dogs needing a shower to wash the mud & cow 💩 out of their coats when we got home 🤷‍♂️
 
Top Bottom