Salt and pepper frozen chips anyone ?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

simongt

Guru
I think many of us do that @simongt
Yup, my eldest son is a sucker for bling and the like. :laugh:

Maybe you need to subscribe to HelloFreshyISawUComing?
:okay:

I keep getting offers of discounted or free trials
but most things are either basic and easy to do yourself - or my wife wouldn't eat them anyway - i.e. it might contain vegetables or something healthy!!!

so not much use to us - and I suspect the portion sizes might be sensible too small!

Can't remember the last time I bought frozen (oven) chips. Must've been when I was a student...

If I'm trying to be healthy, I just slice potatoes into chips or wedges, throw into a large non-stick roasting tin (you want them to be a single layer), season with whatever I happen to fancy, pour a couple of tablespoons of rape seed oil all over and then mix everything with my hands before sticking into the oven. Depending on how thick you've cut your potatoes, 45 to 55 mins @ 180C fan.

Otherwise, I have a small deep fat fryer. Nothing beats chips fried in beef dripping... :mrpig:

Oh yeah. And I don't peel my potatoes. And the answer is mayo. Always I *am* half Belgian after all...

Can't remember the last time I bought frozen (oven) chips. Must've been when I was a student...

If I'm trying to be healthy, I just slice potatoes into chips or wedges, throw into a large non-stick roasting tin (you want them to be a single layer), season with whatever I happen to fancy, pour a couple of tablespoons of rape seed oil all over and then mix everything with my hands before sticking into the oven. Depending on how thick you've cut your potatoes, 45 to 55 mins @ 180C fan.

Otherwise, I have a small deep fat fryer. Nothing beats chips fried in beef dripping... :mrpig:

Oh yeah. And I don't peel my potatoes. And the answer is mayo. Always I *am* half Belgian after all...

I suppose you can be partially forgiven for the Mayo if you are half Belgium but I would like to see some effort to overcome these bloomin' foreign influences and rise above them

Ketchup is the way to go!

Good luck in your conversion!
:whistle::whistle::whistle::whistle::whistle::whistle:

Willd

Veteran
foreign influences eh? :whistle:

1715770077522.png

simongt

Guru
As a lad, was fond of the red stuff; had to be Heinz though. As time progressed, I've gone off the stuff and now; only occasionally, have either HP sauce or Daddies Sauce on a fry up - ! :okay:

TheDoctor

Europe Endless

I love you and I want to have your babies! :biggrin:
Although I think if I had beef dripping chips with mayo I'd probably have a heart attack there and then. Still, what a way to go.

I love you and I want to have your babies! :biggrin:
Although I think if I had beef dripping chips with mayo I'd probably have a heart attack there and then. Still, what a way to go.

I'll take that as a compliment :biggrin:

Though TBF, I don't actually have deep fried chips that often. :blush: It's just that when I do, I want them to be the very best they can be. I also use Maris Piper potatoes, which are, other than Bintjes, pound-for-pound, the best chipping potatoes out there.

I also use beef dripping to make roasties. Goose fat is SO overrated.

Top Bottom