The Metric Century (100KM) A Month Challenge ChatZone

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Ajax Bay

Guru
Try for an early in the month op, preceded by a century. Then 50 days till sneaking the second month's.
I think I could've managed a hundred 50 days after my hip replacement, in the event (rehab went better than expected: rode 180 after 90 days). But I didn't want to have that temptation so I deliberately didn't start in that January.

ukbabz

Veteran
100km on zwift is a different kind of suffering, I don't see an issue with it personally.

Another nice weekend so managed to tick off another entry for May

13 rider

Guru
And I may have to pull out this year as I'm looking for a month off the bike due to forthcoming operation unless I'm allowed to zwift it
Good luck when the opp happens , I would suggest get the opp done and the see what the recovery time line looks like , It my be an early June opp after you've gotten a June ride ride could give you 8 weeks to recover and get July's in ,
I would prefer all rides to be outside but as the moderator of the 50km challenge I do allow a turbo ride to count in exceptional circumstances, to me under these circumstances I would be happy for you to do a turbo ride if the timeline of recovery does not allow for an outdoor ride as you've already invested time getting 5/6 months of rides in only for a medical procedure to knock you out ,It will take the vast majority of us to agree as I presume the rules don't cover it

Last edited:
Top Bottom