Trivial things that make you annoyed beyond expectations?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Hard to tell since it was a bit before my time.
A lot of the kitsch “ highland” stuff was invented by Sir Walter Scott in the 1800’s to ingratiate himself with the monarch of the time. Can’t remember the name but the one before Queen Victoria.

One of the German ones then.

classic33

Leg End Member
Why do cafe owners feel that they have an automatic right to block the pavement with chairs and tables outside?

This is a thing that's grown in the the last three years. Before 2020 they required an additional licence to allow them to place chairs & tables outside, which set rules on how much room they could take up. That's all gone now, they open, and the pavement outside their cafe is theirs.
Locally not one new licence issued since 2021, when the pubs applied for outdoor seating areas.

Jameshow

Veteran
Why do cafe owners feel that they have an automatic right to block the pavement with chairs and tables outside?

This is a thing that's grown in the the last three years. Before 2020 they required an additional licence to allow them to place chairs & tables outside, which set rules on how much room they could take up. That's all gone now, they open, and the pavement outside their cafe is theirs.
Locally not one new licence issued since 2021, when the pubs applied for outdoor seating areas.

COVID...

lazybloke

Considering a new username
I keep seeing this on the roads, but encountered it in a car park this morning.
1000010380.jpg

I noticed it was straddling two parking bays, quite unnecessarily.
And that towrope always looks immaculate/unused, making it nothing more than decorative string.
Skull & crossbones... my lad grew out of his pirate phase when he was about 6.

None of the above made me "annoyed beyond expectations", but then there was this:
1715682559750.png

Top Bottom