Your walk today...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Ming the Merciless

There is no mercy
Photo Winner
…will be wet

PeteXXX

Cake or ice cream? The choice is endless ...
Enjoying your posts PeteXXX :okay:
I've never been to the Peak District, or the Lake District, or even set foot in Cornwall. I've traveled more in SE Asia than I ever have in my country of birth, and where I lived for 43 years.

Thanks. I, on the other hand, have never been to SE Asia!
The Peak District is my favourite place to go, though, like Cornwall and the Lake District, can get incredibly busy even out in the wilds!
I/we start at stupid o'clock to avoid the masses or choose less trodden routes.
👍

SpokeyDokey

67, & my GP says I will officially be old at 70!
Thanks. I, on the other hand, have never been to SE Asia!
The Peak District is my favourite place to go, though, like Cornwall and the Lake District, can get incredibly busy even out in the wilds!
I/we start at stupid o'clock to avoid the masses or choose less trodden routes.
👍

I was going to ask you about start times.

Never been to the Peak District but we are there early July. Worried about early starts as we are not good on those.

You have inadvertantly answered my question!

Great pic's btw.

PeteXXX

Cake or ice cream? The choice is endless ...
I was going to ask you about start times.

Never been to the Peak District but we are there early July. Worried about early starts as we are not good on those.

You have inadvertantly answered my question!

Great pic's btw.

Thank you.. I have so many pics but can only post 10! 😂

In a lot of the popular places, Edale, Castleton, Hope etc parking is at a premium (and can be pricey, too) Some just clutter up the narrow lanes. I tend to use Streetview to see where is free, best and hopefully, not inconvenient for locals.
'Stupid O'clock Early' is best IMHO if you want to avoid people jams on the more popular walks ie Mam Tor, Jacob's Ladder etc.
I'm no expert, but drop me a PM if you want any info that I can impart..

OP
OP
Jameshow

Jameshow

Veteran
Walk from Haworth to hebden bridge via top withins and hard castle crags. Warm but a nice breeze. 20 miles in 6 inc breaks. Furthest I've ever walked and in my £10 work shoes which were ace - No blisters!

IMG-20240519-WA0005.jpeg

IMG-20240519-WA0007.jpeg

IMG-20240519-WA0009.jpeg

IMG-20240519-WA0010.jpeg

IMG-20240519-WA0013.jpeg

Top Bottom