£10 tyres

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Moodyman

Legendary Member
Schwalbe City Jets.

Never used them, but they get a lot of plaudits from users.

Even better is Schwalbe Marathon and
many online retailers offer them just over £10 for the old tread version.

Schwalbe brought a new model out this year with new tread.

Davidc

Guru
Bought a pair of Schwalbe Marathons (700 x 32) at £20 for my tourer 18 months ago. No punctures yet and after 1500 miles no signs of wear yet.

400bhp

Guru
Bontrager race lite.

I paid £20 for a pair about 6m ago.

Excellent tyres. Looks they have increased by a few quid.

Hacienda71

Mancunian in self imposed exile in leafy Cheshire
Decathlon do Hutchinson Kevlars for £11.99 Here Certainly hard wearing.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Have you given up on the 4 seasons now then? M+ next :tongue:

The GP 4 Seasons are great but blooming expensive. The price the Lithions were I thought I'd give it a punt. Very impressed so far. Ride better than the GPs and are a similar weight at 230g and most importantly they are red like my bike. They look the mutts. Like many new tyres, its advisable to run them in before you push them in the wet. The 'manufacturing chemicals' have worn off now, a little remains on the outer edge, so they are perfect in the wet.

Very happy with them and I'm a Tyre snob. RRP is £20, but most places self them for £15. Krylions are about £25 and pro race £30-35. Pro race aren't recommended for commuting.

OP
OP
tincaman

tincaman

Guru
Just had delivered two Schwalbe Lugano's for £20 from Wiggle, smack on budget. Reviews come out well.
Look very smart in blue.

http://www.wiggle.co.uk/schwalbe-lugano-road-tyre/

schwalbe-47224-med.jpg

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
I tried luganos and i found them very poor.

5 punctures in 1 week if i remember rightly and they were getting cut to ribbons by the amount of road debris on my route, i have a 1 mile section of cyclepath i have to use and its always peppered with bits of glass windscreen liberally spread so you cant go round it and lots of other fun stuff of vehicles.

This is along the A 38 in derby shire very near where the cyclist was killed last week and as everyone has said the road is basically a motorway in all but name.
Switched to a alligator named tyre and although not perfect i only get the occasional flat rather than 1 a day.

Top Bottom