1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

£15 bike

Discussion in 'CycleChat Cafe' started by Night Train, 27 Jun 2008.

1. Night Train

Night Train Guest

2. marinyork

marinyork Resting in suspended Animation

Saw it on look North a couple of weeks ago, it's a Hallam student's thing. Looked amusing.

3. Mister Paul

Mister Paul Honky

That front wheel and tyre will have cost more than £15.

4. OP
    OP
    Night Train

Night Train Guest

In other photos the front wheel was cardboard too.

5. simoncc

simoncc New Member

I'm glad the boy has got his picture in the paper but I expect that's the last we'll see or hear of his bike. I'm not convinced that the expense of a bike is what stops people cycling. The garages and sheds of England are crammed with nice shiny bikes that are hardly ever used.

6. Lots of £15 bikes in the small ads that will last longer.

It is not "green" to turn a think that can almost last forever into a thing that lasts six months. You have to weigh up one metal bike against 40 cardboard ones.

7. OP
    OP
    Night Train

Night Train Guest

Personally I find it a great idea for 'other uses' of an industrial material though there are better or more commercial uses that spring to mind.

I would be interested to see how cardboard like that would perform as a fairing kit for velomobiles.

8. hubgearfreak

hubgearfreak Über Member

mmmmm, a faired HPV for £15:laugh:

9. OP
    OP
    Night Train

Night Train Guest

Now that might sell! :blush:

10. fossyant

fossyant Ride It Like You Stole It!

He lives near me - it rains an awful lot in Manchester....... Industrial strength cardboard will fall to bits... did he forget about the rain........