£160k grant for county's cycling scheme

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

dellzeqq

pre-talced and mighty
“This award will allow us to continue working closely with the 20 local cycle training businesses who provide this training to the school children of Buckinghamshire”.

let's hope that they don't get stitched up in the way that Home Counties Cycling got stitched up in Milton Keynes

mark barker

I'll never understand why the councils apply for the funding if they're not actually going to plan or deliver the courses! It just seems like more administration and an extra salary that isn't needed.

summerdays

Cycling in the sun
I'll never understand why the councils apply for the funding if they're not actually going to plan or deliver the courses! It just seems like more administration and an extra salary that isn't needed.

Do you mean why are the council subcontracting out the work as opposed to doing themselves? Surely they are in the role of seeing the bigger picture for the whole county, whereas the individual companies are providing the courses in different places (that's what I've inferred from that report).

I'm just looking at the figures and wondering what percentage of children are being trained in each county ... it would have been interesting to have had an additional column with the population of correct aged children in each county as well.

Top Bottom