£267K for 3 day week as part-time diversity champion at BBC

Status
Not open for further replies.

Saluki

World class procrastinator
Perhaps some of us should apply. We are generally pretty diverse.

I don’t have a TV licence but then I don’t watch live TV or the bbc.

Pale Rider

Legendary Member
I assume the original question is rhetorical :-) Post has, sadly, been & gone in 2019. News article on BBc having to justify it in the Mail:

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/ar...Sarpong-paid-267-000-year-three-day-week.html
She was employed in a similar non-job in 2019.

Her latest faux position - the part time one - is on the BBC Executive Board.

It's dribbled into the public domain via the BBC's annual report.

Tempting to say she's mugged an organisation which has a typically public sector 'not our money' attitude to spending.

However, Ms Sarpong must be good at what she does, whatever that is, since Harper Collins are also prepared to pay her to do it.

Punkawallah

Envy is a perfectly normal, and evolutionary useful trait - it spurs us to surpass/emulate - assuming there is no contradictory trait. Like bone idleness.

It’s still a valid observation that the people in this sort of position tend to come from the same socio-economic groups as they always have - regardless of the political persuasion of the government. Who knew?

Drago

Flouncing Nobber
Well, she's cracked the diversity problem with that salary. I wish i was so disadvantaged that someone would pay me over a quarter of a mill every year for part time working.

Drago

Flouncing Nobber
Been googling around the topic of diversity trainers and the like, and a thought occurs.

Why are none of them white? It's almost as if diversity is only valued when it applies to certain sectors of society, and not others.

Rocky

Hello decadence
Been googling around the topic of diversity trainers and the like, and a thought occurs.

Why are none of them white? It's almost as if diversity is only valued when it applies to certain sectors of society, and not others.
The trouble is, your sample may not be representative. I know some white diversity trainers from my consultancy days. On the other hand I’m struggling to think of many FTSE 100 CEOs who have a BME origin.

Drago

Flouncing Nobber
Indeed, my thoughts are just a reflectuon of ra dom Googling.

Interestingly, the NHS has many diversity advisers...despite the NHS being the one organisation where most racial and religious minorities are actually vastly over-represented.

It seems to me like this is a lucrative line of work. As the Beeb have shown, theyll give a quarter mill for part time working with no qualifications whatsoever beyond GCSE. Well, being Jewish I fall under the governments BAME definition (I shall start wearing my kippah to make the point) and i have a Masters parchment, so I should be able to get onto that gravy train in a first class seat.

Sadly, certain organisations (such as the Beeb) don't extend their solicitous, welcoming behaviour to the likes of us Jews. They prefer to stick to what they perceive as trendier minorities.

Perhaps i should run for office for the labour party? They talk tough about inclusion and fighting racism...

Punkawallah

Yeah. You’d get no mileage from being so similar to 85% of the population. Have you thought of wearing more ‘ethnic’ clothing, or perhaps parading ‘brazen idols’ through the streets to get you noticed? I understand that nice Mr Clifford is a dab hand at this sort of thing.

In any event, good luck with your job hunting efforts. Remember to avoid Advertising, though - a few ‘white, male, over 40’s’ have just taken one to task for being sacked as they were not diverse enough :-)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom