£30 for an Onyx trike frame!!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

classic33

Leg End Member
Never having come across these before, the price is a bit on the low side. It is however missing the two front wheels.
Anyone on here missing one?

Psyclist

Über Member
Never having come across these before, the price is a bit on the low side. It is however missing the two front wheels.
Anyone on here missing one?

Do you have a link to this?

OP
OP
classic33

classic33

Leg End Member
Do you have a link to this?

No, seen in the back of a "scrap dealers" wagon. It was he that came up the £30 figure for the frame. Frame is plum/purple in colour & missing the two font wheels. Brake pads (drum) are still in place & there was no signs of rust.

I do have a mobile number for him. Seemed happy to get rid of/sell as quick as possible.

Most trike manufacturers have their own design of wheel fitting, and they do not tend to be transferable

Unless the hubs are complete and you can build wheels on to them, then you may not be able to fit wheels.

May be worthwhile giving DTek a ring and see if they have any experience with these

Camrider

The scrap man almost certainly got it for nothing but that don't mean it was nicked. We have a scap van come down our street every week collecting stuff people want to get rid of as well as old fridges and other white goods he seems to pick up a lot of old bikes. A quick £30 profit probably seemed good for him as I suspect most people would think a steel trike frame would be of little value and its scrap value will be well below £30.

Sounds like an interesting project, buy it :excl:

OP
OP
classic33

classic33

Leg End Member
The scrap man almost certainly got it for nothing but that don't mean it was nicked. We have a scap van come down our street every week collecting stuff people want to get rid of as well as old fridges and other white goods he seems to pick up a lot of old bikes. A quick £30 profit probably seemed good for him as I suspect most people would think a steel trike frame would be of little value and its scrap value will be well below £30.

Sounds like an interesting project, buy it :excl:

He knew what it was & had a good idea of the value of the type of trike it was.

Top Bottom