£5K to spend

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

CamR

I would like a comfortable but lively bike. I don't race but I like to give it some welly when I can.

So far I am thinking along the lines of:

Time NXR, Willier Imperiale, Ridley Excalibur or Cinelli Pro Best Of

So far I have only been able to find the Ridley available as a test ride.

Anyone have any opinions or alternatives that I should be considering ?

tvm

Cam

beancounter

Well if you're after opinions, mine's Colnago.

But for that budget I'm sure you'll end up with a splendid bike anyway.

bc

Noodley

I saw a Cinelli with lots of cash off the other other day - at work just now and can't access the site but will post it for you later. Looks a lovely bike.

OP
OP
C

CamR

83 Tesco hybrids @ £60 each :biggrin:

That's just silly !!!!!!!...................Where would I put them ????????

Although think of all the points :blush:

beancounter

CamR said:
Which one?

Well I have a C50 strada waiting for me at the bike shop but I think they have just stopped taking orders for them.

In which case you're looking at the EPS if you want a lugged frame, or the CX1 if you want monocoque.

bc

CamR said:
83 Tesco hybrids @ £60 each :biggrin:

That's just silly !!!!!!!...................Where would I put them ????????

Although think of all the points :blush:

You could have a brand new one every day for 83 days - coz that's about as long as they last. Then you could weigh the metal in and get some of your money back.

StuAff

Silencing his legs regularly
Viner Maxima. Described by Marcel Wuest as the best bike he'd ever ridden (so good they couldn't get it off him again!). Custom sized, custom carbon lay-up to suit the rider's weight & riding preferences, custom paint if you want it. Frameset has a list price of £3,200 (other Viner models are also available with custom sizing & choice of compact or standard geometry, though not the custom layup). You should still get a decent spec for 5k....
http://www.viner.it
http://www.vinerbikes.com (UK distributor's site)
http://www.bikeradar.com/gear/category/bikes/road/product/maxima-08-28906 (aforementioned test)

Noodley

Noodley said:
I saw a Cinelli with lots of cash off the other other day - at work just now and can't access the site but will post it for you later. Looks a lovely bike.

Bugger, just checked and the deal is no longer on the site and it's back up to full price :blush:

OP
OP
C

CamR

All,

Thanks for the responses, keep them coming, please.

I am based in NE England so may have to travel to try some different frames.

I intend to buy a frame and build it up.

One of my local shops does Time but have said they can not get a demo bike, anyone know of a shop that has Time Demos. I could always ask the distributor if no one knows.

Thanks

Cam

Top Bottom