£7.19 bike

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Joe24

More serious cyclist than Bonj
Here is my new toy/project.
Its cost me £7.19 so far, and i have no more to buy for it:laugh: Im picking up a back brake inner and outer tomorrow and an inner tube from a mate(hes giving me them, i am that tight;)) and then it will be built.
Here it is.
Image041.jpg

Image043.jpg

Image044.jpg

Image045.jpg

Oh, and the bike how it is isnt £7.19 until i put the bar tape on! The only thing i bought for the bike is bar tape which was £7.19, i could of got some free but i thought i would treat myself.
Its my second fixed, and is my hack bike. The frame used to be what i had as my fixed, until i built up my good one and stripped it down. I got that frame free aswell:thumbsup:
Its not completely right, i need to regrese the wheels, but ill run it without doing that for abit and do that later, they arent hugely in need for it doing.
The wheels ill only keep for a while aswell, until i have some more or if i find someone local with some fixed wheels(or a decent front wheel and a rear wheel that takes a screw on block) going cheap.
It has got a back brake, but it has no lockring so i thought i had better put one on.

Attachments

• Image045.jpg
    Image045.jpg
    100 KB · Views: 44
Inspiring - I'm gonna try to do mine for LESS than that....;)

OP
OP
J

Joe24

stoatsngroats said:
Inspiring - I'm gonna try to do mine for LESS than that....;)

Thats it then, bar tape is going back;) It wil be the £0.00 bike then;)

Got to have the luxuary of some nice bar tape though. I have the black Charge stuff, because it looked nice. I did think about(well my GF kept saying i should) going for a light pink, but i thought not.

Before anyone asks, my front wheel isnt buckled. The tyre is on, but it hasnt got an inner tube in so the tyre isnt sitting right

OP
OP
J

Joe24

Radius said:
Does that sticker really say "100% ME" ;)

Oh yes.
And, if you dont know about the "100% ME" thing, then you a pleb.
You like cycle racing and you dont know about the "100% ME" thing? What an idiot:rolleyes:
Off you go searching now to find out what it is.

OP
OP
J

Joe24

montage said:
Vertical dropouts? :s

How does that work?

Or, forward facing horizontal ones?
Its the old style of drop out. They arent as good as track/rear facing ones because you havent got the length there to have a different gear and stuff, but they are still good enough to use to get chain tension.
They are also better i think for getting your back wheel out.
Oh, and see the quick release, im surprised someone hasnt commented on that with the bike being fixed.
Its also bringing the droputs together 5mms, which is very easy to do with them.
By the way, with verticle ones you can still use them for fixed. You either need a special rear hub for it(expensive) or you need to find the magic gear, and your sorted. With the use of a half link, you can sort of make it work so you get enough chain tension on.

montage

God Almighty
Those dropouts completely horizontal? They don't look it... this is what I meant :smile:

I thought that they had to be completely horizontal, shows how much I know.

Radius

SHREDDER
Joe24 said:
Oh yes.
And, if you dont know about the "100% ME" thing, then you a pleb.
You like cycle racing and you dont know about the "100% ME" thing? What an idiot:rolleyes:
Off you go searching now to find out what it is.

Oh so you race do you? Get anti doping test? Oh.

EDIT: And of course I bloody knew what it was, but I bet that's not the reason you put it on there...

OP
OP
J

Joe24

Radius said:
Oh so you race do you? Get anti doping test? Oh.

EDIT: And of course I bloody knew what it was, but I bet that's not the reason you put it on there...

Yes it is you pleb:rolleyes:
You dont have to race to support something. You havent got cancer and i bet you give money to cancer charities.
Oh, and i actually put them there i sometimes had the abrs swing round and chip the paint on it when i was building it up before when i first got it.
Now i couldnt give a shoot:laugh:

OP
OP
J

Joe24

montage said:
Those dropouts completely horizontal? They don't look it... this is what I meant :smile:

I thought that they had to be completely horizontal, shows how much I know.

No, not completely horizontal, they have a slight slope on them. But, aslong they are long enough to get chain tension, they are good.

Radius

SHREDDER
Joe24 said:
Yes it is you pleb:rolleyes:
Ha! You live in Nottingham and clearly have too much time on your hands and you call me a pleb! :smile: ;)

You dont have to race to support something. You havent got cancer and i bet you give money to cancer charities.

No, you don't, and no, I don't, but no, I don't.

but I do wear a Livestrong wristband, so touché in that respect

OP
OP
J

Joe24

Radius said:
Ha! You live in Nottingham and clearly have too much time on your hands and you call me a pleb! :smile: ;)

No, you don't, and no, I don't, but no, I don't.

but I do wear a Livestrong wristband, so touché in that respect

Radius, you live in london. Nuff said.
How do i have too much spare time on my hands?

montage

God Almighty
Joe24 said:
Radius, you live in london. Nuff said.
How do i have too much spare time on my hands?

I do remember you posting up that you learned to track stand because you have too much spare time on your hands :smile:

Hmmm I am seriously thinking of building up a fixed, going to try get bits from ebay etc to make a decent one - the parts/frames I have from the skip are crap..... mind if I fire a lode of questions your way once I begin? They aren't so good for the knees though...so I best get my dodgy knee sorted out before I even think about buying parts.

Top Bottom