10,000 "maniacs" sharing our roads

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Tommi

http://crapwalthamfo...dulge-some.html

Found this pretty interesting. I found it shocking reading and hadnt realised it would be quite so high. When does "exceptional hardship" superceed the needs of safety of all other road users? Are we in effect creating or sustaining a social meme for others to copy?
All those drivers must be living miles and miles away from any kind of public transportation. Then again it would appear simply driving a car gives you reduced penalties since 2007. The difference between knifes, guns, and cars is mind boggling.

blockend

Reminded me of a case last week where a football fan was CCTV'ed knocking a bloke to the ground, then walking back a few paces to get a better run up to kick him in the head. His defence against a custodial sentence was it would seriously undermine his new career as a stand-up comedian.

ohnovino

Large Member
At the risk of this sounding like a classic internet messageboard over-reaction, I find it hard to see the difference between:

"You're not safe to drive."
"But I need to for my livelihood."
"Oh, well that's okay then"

and:

"You're not safe to work with children."
"But I need to for my livelihood."
"Oh, well that's okay then"

sheddy

Legendary Member
10,671 drivers on 12 points or over

You may have to look for the 6th June entry on Freewheelers blog as it the story slips down

Top Bottom