100 mile ride

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

CharlieBoy

Hi, I'm looking to do my first 100 mile ride. Am based in London and would like to find a group of people that are perhaps yet to achieve this for themselves also. I have a friend who has a Pub in a small village called Rye which is by the sea near hastings. I looked at potential routes and came up with the following route, which gets us there in 103 miles, but has atleast 50% following the coats with the ability to leave the ride halfway at Brighton, at which point you can get the train back to London.

http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?f=d&s...=51.289406,0.302124&spn=1.999432,5.822754&z=8

I'd like to know if anyone is interested potentially. I'd like to do something by March. We can ride to Rye and stay at the pub the night and have a chilled day Sunday before heading back to London by train. Also, note the start is from Woking. It is just 1 stop or 20 mins from waterloo, but means you cut out all the crappy london traffic.

Hope you are intereted.

Cheers

Charlie

Zoom

Über Member
CharlieBoy; I live in East Grinstead and know most of those roads; really would not recommend the bit to Brighton or the A281 for that matter; I could apply a bit a local knowledge to get you there along a more or less the same route with a few quieter and more scenic roads ( I assume you knew the coast road from Brighton to Rye features some stonking hills?)

my suggestion; a mix of quie lens and fast but not too hectic main roads

http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?f=d&s...50.922082,0.735397&spn=0.107129,0.219727&z=12

I'd be interested in the ride

Zoom

Über Member
oops; didn't mean it to come out like that and I can't even modify it now as it goes off the page ;( but you get the idea.

Tynan

Veteran
this thread is somewhere else as well with more replies than this

it does look nice I have to say

Before40

Hi Charlie,

I'm looking to do my first 100m this year too, this one looks good & local(ish).
March is usually a bit wet though! Also, i'm still in "Winter training" mode and won't be fit enough till about April/May.

Let me know if you plan to continue with this & I'll try & step up the training a bit!.

Top Bottom