100 miles

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

adam23

going out tomorrow to see if i can do the big 100 miles, have done a couple of 60 and very lumpy 50's but not 100 miles
the route is flat with the odd kick but nothing to long or steep.

will be on here tomorrow to let you know if i make it ok.

danger mouse

Good luck. I can only dream.

Ian 74

Good luck take plenty of food and fluid pace yourself and you should be okay. Good luck.
thumbsup.png

OP
OP
A

adam23

well i done the 104 miles yesterday with a group of 4 riders and felt good and ate loads, we made a fuel stop at

55 miles to get some more fluids from a local shop.

then after 65 miles i was feeling slow and a bit tired so i told my friends to go on and i would do it in my own time
so i made about 3 more stops just to stretch out and not over do it.

the last 15 miles is all up and down and i was hurting rather bad by this point, the funny thing was i got up another

short climb i was shouting some blue language to motivate my self and there was a copper just staring at me haha.

i finaly got home after 7hrs and felt so exhausted but happy i had done it and amazed me of how mentally strong you

can be when you need it.

wakou

Über Member
Well done! Do you regret sending your friends on ahead, or was it the right decision?

Bluebell72

Well done!

I find it really weird that perhaps the last ten miles from home, I am so tired, I sometimes feel it'd be easier to get off and walk.

But home for an hour, a hot coffee, a shower, the contents of the fridge inside me :whistle: ...and I don't feel any more tired than if I'd done a whole day at work.

OP
OP
A

adam23

Well done! Do you regret sending your friends on ahead, or was it the right decision?

yeah i felt if i was keeping up with my friends who have a bit more experience i wouldnt have made it,
it has made me stronger mentaly also so if i had to do it again i know i could.

thanks for all your kind messages

JonnyBlade

Live to Ride
Well done Adam. When's the next one
thumbsup.png

I've done 11 so far and had about 7 rides within the 90 mile + range. Once you get into the habit it's just a matter of preparation and focus ........ food and drink is always the keying element though

PK99

Legendary Member
yeah i felt if i was keeping up with my friends who have a bit more experience i wouldnt have made it,
it has made me stronger mentaly also so if i had to do it again i know i could.

thanks for all your kind messages

Well done!

A key thing with endurance rides is to eat and drink early in the ride and regularly - once you feel hungry and thirsty, the damage is done and you will not recover fully on the ride.

Last century i rode was good breakfast before setting off, beans on toast at 20 miles, pub lunch at 50, coffee and cake at 75, celebratory pint at 90 and home at 104 miles feeling fresh. 4,500 feet of climbing and rolling average 12.8mph.

The first i did a few years ago was less climbing & 10.1 mph and well nigh killed me - a croissant at 30 miles, a sarnie at 60 and nothing but a banana over the last 40 was not the best of strategies!

Top Bottom