105Km Charity Ride - Ridden

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Angelfishsolo

A Velocipedian
Well I did it. It was a fantastic ride although the final hill killed me and I had to push (I was certainly not alone in this). The ride was actually 105Km and I managed to recorded time of 4h:23min. I am pretty pleased with it. The only downer was Edwards Coaches. They were commissioned to take us and our bikes back to Buith or Welshpool. This is how it was done - See photo. Eventually one of the volunteers bough some straps ande they were secured by a RIDER who did this for a living! The van had nothing at all in it not even some cardboard to prevent frame rub. We each paid a minimum fo £15 for this privileged.. The driver stated he didn't know they would be expensive bikes and thought they were MTB's. I and several others got rather miffed at this point. He then said well I thought they would be cheep bikes. So it is OK to damaged cheep bikes!!! To top it all he didn't know how to secure the tail lift to the back of the van!!!

Anyway if training goes well I may try the full distance next year.

Attachments

• bikes loaded on van small.jpg
    bikes loaded on van small.jpg
    116.5 KB · Views: 145

apollo179

I was impressed with your time till i realised it was km. Thats about 65miles = about 15mph.
Not bad.
Well done.

DiddlyDodds

Random Resident
For the this very reason i have never booked transport to get back from anywhere.
I always sort my own out now as i just know that left to others i will end with scratches on the frame

apollo179

Thats honest of you admitting you walked the last climb (if i understand correctly)
Did you approach it competitively and if so how did you compare ?

OP
OP
A

Angelfishsolo

A Velocipedian
Thats honest of you admitting you walked the last climb (if i understand correctly)
Did you approach it competitively and if so how did you compare ?

No point in lying about it. I had nothing left in the climbing tank :sad: I did try to be competitive but as the start was staggered I won't know where I placed until the results are published. I know I was not last so that's ok :smile:

OP
OP
A

Angelfishsolo

A Velocipedian
Code:
well done mate :thumbsup:
Cheers mate :smile:

Top Bottom