10PM commuting

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

potsy

Rambler
Done my 1st week back on shifts since October,forgot the abuse you can get riding home at 10pm with a bright yellow jacket on.
1st day 3 or 4 scallies throwing things at passing cyclists.
2nd day shouts of 'oi c*n*' and various other things.
3rd day 2 teenage girls walking towards me,as I get level a big 'OIIIII' trying to make me fall off I assume.
Weird thing is I hardly remember getting any abuse last year in 6 months.

Jezston

Über Member
Is it a full moon or something? It seems they're all out at the moment.

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
It's a strange time of night.. all sorts of weirdos about thinking they are funny when they are just pissed and extremely annoying.

shouldbeinbed

Rollin' along
I switched to weekends from lates after I got a carving knife waved in my face at 10pm on a wednesday evening.

6am weekend mornings is a more civilised place and when it's nearer summer bloody lovely to look at too as the sun starts to rise.

OP
OP
potsy

potsy

Rambler
skudupnorth said:
Not anywhere near The Pelican or the Hare and Hounds by any chance ???
No mate,brinnington and cheadle mainly. As an ex brinny boy I know what to expect from some of the morons there unfortunately:sad:

skudupnorth

Cycling Skoda lover
Must admit to not enjoying this weeks commuting due to idiots getting less curtious now it's getting lighter in the morning and evening.Lets hope next week is better !

OP
OP
potsy

potsy

Rambler
fossyant said:
Brinny.....hmmmm (you ain't on a BSO MTB so don't 'fit in'.....).... Cheadle - well it's the chavs wandering the high street........
Probably right there pal,definately BSO country:biggrin:
Mentioned the throwing incident to a colleague who also goes that way,he too got stuff thrown at him and he WAS on a BSO;)

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
When i used to work shifts it could be fun at 3 am on a Saturday morning as well, the only other people about were of a similar nature even more pickled from just coming out of the all night rave( Is it called that anymore i am a lot out of touch ?).

BentMikey

Rider of Seolferwulf
I don't seem to notice that much on my late commutes. No doubt it's because of riding a recumbent - the level of attention doesn't seem to change that much.

skudupnorth said:
Must admit to not enjoying this weeks commuting due to idiots getting less curtious now it's getting lighter in the morning and evening.Lets hope next week is better !

It was ok,bandit country did not materialise.

Top Bottom