1st class stamps 60p - 2nd class 50p

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ushills

Veteran
A rep from royal mail was on Radio 4 a few weeks ago talking about RM will only be used for item that need to be physically sent soon. Email he said was far more reliable than the post and cost free.

I don't us post anymore unless sending parcels or cards and places like parcel2go provide a much cheaper alternative for packages.

Can't even remember the last time I sent a letter at work, we scan signed pdf's and email those instead.

With a bit of forward planning I can stop using RM altogether. Ridiculous in the current climate to announce this price hike all in one go. It's a PR home goal!! If it really is essentially to charge this price then it should have been phased in.

marinyork

Resting in suspended Animation
Just as well more job applications are done on-line these days. That's making stamps a potentially expensive buy for someone on £53.45/£67.50 a week.

marinyork

Resting in suspended Animation
You can have a letter delivered anywhere in the country, possibly delivered by the next for 60p. That's pretty good VFM imo. Try getting it there faster, cheaper.

North/south post that's true. Local post takes anything upto 3-4 working days first class and first class parcels upto a week. Could cycle there a lot quicker, whether it would be worth doing and not paying the price of delivery is another matter.

Moodyman

Legendary Member
That's scandalous. They were about 20p for a 1st class and 16p for 2nd class the last time I bought any. Shows how long ago it was since I did.

In my last place of work a friend & colleague used to open all our customer mail (200+ letters daily). Some mail didn't get stamped by Royal Mail in the top-right hand corner of the envelope. So if you were careful in detaching the stamp from it's envelope, you could re-use it with a little bit of Pritt Stick.

I've still got loads of re-usable stamps in my kitchen drawer.

martint235

Dog on a bike
I don't think it's that bad value considering. It is also to try to preserve the 6 day anywhere in the country service. I for one would rather pay 60p for when I do post a letter than to have to go to my local post office to collect my own post every day.

srw

It's a bit more complicated than that...
Just as well more job applications are done on-line these days. That's making stamps a potentially expensive buy for someone on £53.45/£67.50 a week.
Which is exactly why postage stamps are becoming more expensive.

Top Bottom