1st Club run

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Went for my first club run last night as tester before signing up and loved it. Never ridden with any one before so it was a bit daunting. I slipped in at the back of the second group and one of the chaps was kind enough to ride behind me offering advice on what too do like keeping right behind the rider in front etc. I kept up no problem on the fitness and speed side but lost a shed load of ground on corners and downhill. Every one seemed to just fly down them with out a care. On my normal rides on my own down hills I just go very carefully cause the roads are so dam lumpy but looks like I need to get out of that habit and let rip also round corners. As for the first group the speeds they must have been going over the rough roads god knows how they did it but I only saw them at the beginning and end :smile:
Any way too anyone else thinking of joining a club I would go for a spin. Every one seems very friendly at least with this bunch and helpful and there's loads too learn

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Oh yes, just let go. Never grip the bike - it will go where you point it. Done many years with a close knit small club - enough to know how each rider rode and how each of us was weak or strong - made some interesting runs. :wacko: but you will get used to close riding. Just don't half wheel folk - try and keep hubs level if doing to abreast.

When you go out training with a mate, who you know is top amateur class, and you do a private two up time trial up a dual carriage way, that happens to be up hill, and your HR monitor is popping 200 plus just keeping up....:wacko: - done that. :blush:

Keep at it. Some good friendships get built believe you me. Not been in a club for years, but still have the links. :thumbsup:

D

Deleted member 1258

Oh yes, just let go. Never grip the bike - it will go where you point it. Done many years with a close knit small club - enough to know how each rider rode and how each of us was weak or strong - made some interesting runs. :wacko: but you will get used to close riding. Just don't half wheel folk - try and keep hubs level if doing to abreast.
When you go out training with a mate, who you know is top amateur class, and you do a private two up time trial up a dual carriage way, that happens to be up hill, and your HR monitor is popping 200 plus just keeping up....:wacko: - done that. :blush:

Keep at it. Some good friendships get built believe you me. Not been in a club for years, but still have the links. :thumbsup:

+1 on the friendship side, and they are great fun. I've been a Coventry Road Club member for about twenty years, I tend to ride alone these days but in the past I've been a regular on their intermediate ride, these days I normally do a lone ride out to the Café and most Sundays either ride back with one of the lads or part way back with one of the groups.

Top Bottom