1ST Commute after 4 weeks off ....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Blimey its cold !
Getting out of bed earlier was the hardest part
Brilliant to be back on the bike, a great feeling
Getting to work after 17 miles, was frozen but very happy
Need to recharge batteries for the lights .......:blush:
Finally joined the CTC for the insurance cover (good boy !)
Its just brilliant to be back in the saddle !:blush:

Sore bottom already !
Knee problem is still there :blush:
Motorists are the normal idiots ! but nothing changes

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Well done, the wind has added to the chill.... -15 last week wasn't too bad......not much wind, and wrapped up better than Michelin man !

Tynan

Veteran
rode twice just after NY and nada before then since the 19th

might ride tomorrow, still some ice and snow here in sunny E4

Sysagent

"The Most Annoying Man In The World."
Back on the bike for the eighteen mile commute there & back tomorrow (snow permitting)... Dreading it, can tell I have piled the pounds on but it's Christmas aint it!

;-)

Mind you it has been getting visibly lighter.

jonny jeez

Legendary Member
Still not started this year!!

:tongue:

Had a bad elbow before Xmas, was snow and ice just pre and post xmas and am off all of next week .

Looks as if I wont "kick off" the new year untill Jan 29th....oh the shame

Sysagent said:
Didn't make it this morning, weather forecast said sleet & snow and it didn't happen!

;-(

+1. Still, the day is only half over!

esrite

hello everyone - ive just joined.

ive been communiting for around 8 months now (east london to city, around 10 each way)
anyway, rhythm is slowly coming back after the long xmas break and all those lovely cakes

Sysagent

"The Most Annoying Man In The World."
The Season has begun!

Well made the commute today and boy have I missed it, beautiful morning to top it off.

Lost recovery, lungs / heart good, legs lost some power stamina, but I felt damn good doing it!

wanj

My first commute after about a month off - not planned, just turned out that way with cold weather and wife offering the car.

Been doing a 14 mile commute 3 days a week for just over 2 yrs now. In that time I haven't fallen once (I dont count the time when I was going 0.5 mph trying to navigate the disabled ramp to the front door at work having just switched to spds!).

Until today that is !!!! Same roundabout which I've taken in all weathers, not particularly fast but halfway round the bike suddenly dissapeared from underneath me and I performed a very ungraceful fall. Luckily no cars behind.

Anyway grazed my face and banged my hip but other than feeling sorry for myself I am fine. Thanks to the young man walking by who stopped to make sure I was OK.

I have a theory that it hasn't really rained for weeks and all that oily grime and diesel hasn't been washed away. Does it still stay there after the snow? So todays damp conditions may have been all it needed. On the other hand it could be that I'm losing my cycling skills after a month off!

So not a great one back for me but i think i'll stick at it B)

Inertia

I feel like I could... TAKE ON THE WORLD!!
I started back on my commute this week after two weeks over christmas and an enforced layoff due to bad weather. My commute is over country lanes for a lot of it so I wouldnt have needed my ice skates.

I only did Monday and Tuesday. Its about 12 miles each way so I was flagging about 2 miles from home on Tuesday night. Will ride in tomorrow and the attempt a 4 dayer next week B)

I feel ok after getting back on the bike. I think the walking I did while I was off (half an hour a day x2 at each end of my bus commute) kept the old legs ticking over.

I did think I was in the wrong gear when I first got on the bike for my first cycle commute in 3 weeks, though - only to find I wasn't at all, just the legs thought I was! B)

Top Bottom