1st Review - Specialized Hardrock Sport - 2005 model

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

cycling fisherman

Specialized Hardrock Sport 2005 model review.

After looking around some 3 years ago now for a reliable and quality bike that was'nt going to break the bank and be a good tough commuter i decided on the hardrock sport.I purchased the bike from bikescene in guisborough for 249.99 (50.00 discount which was a good start)

I have had the bike for just over 3 years now and feel i must do this bike justice by writing a quick informative review.

The hardrock is the specialized entry level MTB, i was never going to rip down a rocky descent or go off road over the pennines on mine, off road it does feel strong enough for forest trails and gentle descents, however this is not what i bought it for.

I bought the hardrock to quite simply get me to and from work, this bike was going to have to be a strong workhorse, strong enough to deal with all the pot holes around the middlesbrough area but also comfortable enough for commuting.

The bike has been outstanding, I estimate i have done 7000 miles on the bike over the 3 years, I have not replaced a single part in 3 years, the original chain, cassette, chainset, front mech, rear deraileur and brake pads are still on the bike.

I have changed the tyres from the stock off road tyres to continental contisport 1.5 slicks (these help me fly along with ease) and that is all i have changed every other part is still original 3 years on and on the bike.

Value for money & reliability as a hard working commuter i cannot fault it whatsoever and it has been the best 250.00 i have ever spent. I zip past every other cycling commuter with ease.

This september/october 2008 I am going to replace the whole drive system, chainset, cassette, chain rear deraileur, front mech and brakes(I could in actual fact sell the bike as it is on ebay and buy another hardrock for 249.99 but i have become quite attached to it and would never sell it).

I have stepped up the efforts in cycling now and i feel that the time has come now to step over to the road bike scene maybe fixed wheel scene, as for the hardrock ? am i going to sell it ? NO CHANCE, this one stays as a winter bike because i know i can rely on it.

10 out of 10 for the specialized hardrock sport

Top Bottom