2 Firsts this week

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Norry1

Legendary Member
Well its been an interesting week and with with 2 cycling firsts.

On Wednesday I cycled to Long Lane where I knew WrekinSports Cycle Club hold a 10 mile time trial each week. I had planned to suss it out and maybe have a go the following week. As I passed the rendezvous, they were signing people on, so I thought sod it and went and signed on - number 23 of 46.

I wasn't sure how it operated, but it was well organised and simple to do. I managed a 32.31 which meant I wasn't last, although 10 minutes behind the winner! Thoroughly enjoyed it and will have another bash.

Today I did my first 100km ride - The Great Shakespeare Ride in Stratford. Apart from a glitch with access to the overflow car park, it was very well organised and again I thoroughly enjoyed it - even if I am a tad tired. Oh, and I got a third first - my max speed was 45mph which is my highest yet.

Happy days :smile:

Martin

longers

Legendary Member
Great! But how are you going to top that next week?

OP
OP
Norry1

Norry1

Legendary Member
Great! But how are you going to top that next week?

Well, I've now had two firsts this week as well (both today.

Firstly, I've done my first night ride today. I'd bought some lights and thought I'd try them out. I headed for the country lanes about 9pm and did 16 miles mainly in the unlit dark. Quite enjoyed it actually.

Secondly, first time I've ridden after having a beer. I keep meaning to stop at pubs when I'm doing longer rides, but I always want to keep cracking on. As I didn't get out until 9ish tonight, I'd had a couple of bottles of stella beforehand :smile:

Ummm, not sure what I do next week :blush:

Martin

Top Bottom