2019 Goats League - *CLOSED* Climb 10 - Tioga Pass

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Aleman

Knees are FUBAR but I don't like to mention it
Ride opens for attempts at midnight 4th March 2019, and closes on Midnight on the 28th April 2019, ride must be completed within that window for it to count otherwise you get the time of the slowest rider plus 5%.

Yosemite is on my bucket list of places to visit, I had dreams of climbing El Cap way back in the day, and as a photographer the landscape is unparalleled, as documented by the great Ansdel Adams ... anyway enough of my dreamy waffle :rofl: and onto the business of the day. Just for @martin22 another longish one :evil:the 27.05Km Tioga Pass, just a paltry 948m of ascent although from the profile it does look as though the last 7Km is downhill, making it a bit more of a challenge.

profile.tiogapass.png

Post your times in the thread and I'll update the Goats League Spreadsheet

Please include your BRVR User/Display Name to give other riders pacers to chase if they so desire.

Last edited:
1:27:18.
No HRM really screwed my pacing up

Crook Town AFC

Dave Wade on BRVR
https://bigringvr.com/activity.aspx?rideID=67330

1:02:23. Don't know which was worse the climb or trying to keep reasonable on the down hill bit.

Anyway 2 call outs.
First a shout out to the guys at BigRingVR (@ibooij and the team) for uploading the ride for me after it failed to save to the server, I think they turned it around in about 3 minutes (that's some service guys, thank you) and secondly Chapeau to Alan Gunner (@BRVR_User) for completing the Boulder Fearsome Four Challenge back to back with some pretty impressive times to boot.

theboxers

TheBoxers on Cycle Sim sw
The short American ones are great. Flagstaff, Sugarloaf and Magnolia are real challenges short enough to try and race up them, steep enough to kick your ass if you go too far into the red. I 'Enjoyed' them when I first did them. I even did Magnolia and Sugarloaf back to back :eek:

Mugshot

Cracking a solo.
The short American ones are great. Flagstaff, Sugarloaf and Magnolia are real challenges short enough to try and race up them, steep enough to kick your ass if you go too far into the red. I 'Enjoyed' them when I first did them. I even did Magnolia and Sugarloaf back to back :eek:
All the ones I've done so far have just seemed so barren, it's like riding on the moon. It's not the challenge aspect of them, I've just found them really boring :sad:

theboxers

TheBoxers on Cycle Sim sw
All the ones I've done so far have just seemed so barren, it's like riding on the moon. It's not the challenge aspect of them, I've just found them really boring :sad:
Some of the longer ones just going straight up middle of the valley are a bit, err, Soulless. But the 3 mentioned are far from it. They go up the sides of the valley. Magnolia and Sugarloaf start a few hundred yards from each other going up either side of a valley.

Mugshot

Cracking a solo.
Some of the longer ones just going straight up middle of the valley are a bit, err, Soulless. But the 3 mentioned are far from it. They go up the sides of the valley. Magnolia and Sugarloaf start a few hundred yards from each other going up either side of a valley.
We did those last year in the GOAT league, can't say I found them particularly memorable to be honest :sad: I think it's the roads too, I like the narrower European climbs.

Top Bottom