2021 Racing-No Spoilers

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

SWSteve

Guru
Blimey. How many months does the Isle of Man Youth Tour go on for?!?
It seems they ensure it clashes with every race possible, so I would imagine it starts the day of Cadel’s great ocean race and concludes the same day as il lombardia

:ohmy: there will still be fans, just no corporate events, going to be a lot of lost revenue

Nope, Belgian races last year were all effectively fan less, by which I mean if you stood in your doorway as the race came by fine but there were no gatherings allowed, for example, on any of the climbs. Moreover, for some of the races routes were not announced to the public in advance (Brussels classic) , this obviously doesn't work for the Tour of Flanders, but lockdowns here have been quite severe and the death-toll high so people were asked to, and did, kept away, largely over concerns that races would not run.

Nasty training RTA for Kelderman and team-mates:
https://www.bora-hansgrohe.com/en/news/pressemeldungen/update--unfall-beim-trainingcamp/477128121

Press Releases | 17.01.2021
Update: Accident at team camp

Today during training, several of our riders were involved in an accident with a car, which crossed the road and rode into our training group. Wilco Kelderman, Rüdiger Selig and Andreas Schillinger were taken to hospital, all conscious. Wilco sustained a concussion and a fractured vertebrae. Andreas sustained broken vertebrae in the cervical and thoracic spine. For both riders, we're aiming for conservative treatment. Rudi has also sustained a concussion, but no fractures.

nickyboy

Norven Mankey
You're such an ineos/sky fanboy Adam. Money to be made betting against them in UK bookies methinks

Adam4868

Guru
You're such an ineos/sky fanboy Adam. Money to be made betting against them in UK bookies methinks
Unashamedly Nick ! Although I feel I might allow myself a little support for Israel Cycling Academy 😁
All joking apart I don't mind any team...had a soft spot for AG2R a few years ago,I thought they rode some exciting races.Love Bardet as a rider,but now he's gone and there looking like there going to be focusing on the classics more ?
Anyway I wouldn't be to quick to back against Ineos,it's weird how people almost think they had a bad year in 2020.Theyll be back this season with a vengeance....if theres any fecking races on !

gavroche

Getting old but not past it
Thibault Pinot announced today that he will not be in the 2021 TdF but will do the Giro instead. He says the TdF does not have enough mountain stages for him.

mjr

Comfy armchair to one person & a plank to the next
So, is the 3rd Feb with Volta a la Comunitat Valenciana the first Pro race? Then UAE Tour on 21st kicks off the Men's World Tour, Omloop Het Nieuwsblad on 27th the first Women's Pro race and Strade Bianchi on 6th March first WWT.

Top Bottom