3 cheers for the CTC..

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

asterix

Comrade Member
..from me.

In 2005 I was 'doored' by a car passenger. I was cycling on a green cycle lane beside the pavement. The driver was interviewed by witnesses and gave a false address but they took note of his reg and car description. My injuries were such that to this day I remember only waking up in hospital 24 hours later.

The CTC solicitors (Russell Jones and Walker) took on my case and, last month, successfully obtained substantial compensation. This despite the fact that the driver was never traced by the police.

Due to such difficulties I was initially sceptical that they could achieve such a result, but their persistence and experience proved otherwise. Things are looking somewhat rosier now thanks to them.

Maz

Guru
Nice news for the new year, asterix!

Well done mate

That reminds me I need to join once more

dudi

Congrats mate, hope you weren't left with anything too permenant from the crash itself.

All these sales on and a compo payout... time for treats!

simoncc

The CTC mag alone is worth a few quid for news of new products, adverts, letters and those interesting obituaries of the cycling faithful from the whole of the last century.

When you consider that you get third party insurance and legal assistance as well the CTC subs are a total bargain.

Dave5N

Über Member
simoncc said:
The CTC mag alone is worth a few quid for news of new products, adverts, letters and those interesting obituaries of the cycling faithful from the whole of the last century.

When you consider that you get third party insurance and legal assistance as well the CTC subs are a total bargain.

Is it? I considered joining the CTC but as far as insurance goes I'm already fully covered through BC - not sure the additional benefits make it worthwhile.

Might try and get hold of a copy.

Don't they also offer members tested low-traffic A-B routes?

Top Bottom