3 days, ffs

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Ranger

Rang Edinburgh Bike Co-Op to book my bike in for it's 6 week check over and they can't fit it in for 3 weeks (13th August) and then they say if you bring it in for about 5 the night before, we will service it and if you come in after 1:30 on the 14th it will be ready:angry:

If it wasn't on the Bike to Work scheme, I would take it to my usual LBS drop it off and pick it up as I leave for work the same day

dodgy

6 week check over = taking up the slack in the gear cables that will have stretched, a 2 minute job. Learn to do it yourself and save yourself the grief :smile:

Dave.

OP
OP
R

Ranger

The only reason I even bothered was there is a really annoying noise in the pedals/bottom bracket that I can't rectify and it sounds like bearings have come apart.

Maz

Guru
what dodgy said. They just tighten stuff up on the first check, so I wouldn't fret about it.

At least they seem to be up front about when they can do it, rather than making empty promises.

Maz

Guru
Ranger said:
The only reason I even bothered was there is a really annoying noise in the pedals/bottom bracket that I can't rectify and it sounds like bearings have come apart.
What bike have you got?

gbb

Legendary Member
Ranger said:

Normally, i'd agree with dodgy et al....do it yourself. To the best of my knowledge, a 'service' is probably minor adjustments to cable tension and making sure everythings still secure and tight.
None of my last 3 new bikes have been back for the 'service'.

BUT...that noise from the BB area needs attention. You dont want a cream crackered BB in six months.
Their service just isnt good enough IMO.
Can you politely insist they get you in quicker...play the health and safety card...you're worried something might break unexpectedly in the BB area. Lay it on a bit thick...you're worried it might break and send you off the bike. Perhaps that might chivvy them up a bit.

Keith Oates

Janner
If it's got a problem take it back and get them to correct asap, if they don't then send a letter off to the manufacturer complaining about the bike and the service!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Top Bottom