3 + punctures

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

headcoat

Über Member
Couldn't believe it today, on the train with my bike and noticed the front tyre going down. Luckily I only had to go about 2 mins walk from the station to work (decided to stay on train all the way due to the weather), anyway got to work and fixed two punctures, then realised there was another one. Had to nip round the corner to get some more patches, before I fixed the 3rd one though decided to check and the tyre was full of holes right along the join, prob about 20 of them so gave up fixing it :sad:

Anyway, I check the tyre and there were 4 very hard and thin thorns in it, checked the tyre three times and kept find them, hopefully I have got them all. Never had a puncture that bad before though and can only assume the inner tube had some rotated a bit and one of the thorns was stabbing in all along the seam.

Anyway, just needed to vent my frustration!
Thanks for listening

laertes

Schwalbe Marathons :thumbsup:

crumpetman

Yes I agree- they are amazing (not wanting to tempt fate of course!) I went over a big stack of brambles all over the path yesterday, (saw them too late as was going too fast so couldn't avoid them). No problems at all.

I have the Schwalbe Marathon + and got a puncture in front and rear tyres yesterday because of bloody thorns!

laertes

I have the Schwalbe Marathon + and got a puncture in front and rear tyres yesterday because of bloody thorns!

I actually got a puncture in my front tyre a couple of days ago, but that was my first in 2 years, after having a spell of one a week for about 2 months (pre-marathons). I actually went into my LBS today for a new one and told him "2 years ago I bought these Schwalbe marathons and today I have a puncture" and he said "so you want a refund?" :biggrin:

D

Deleted member 1258

I had a flat front on my way home from work, just put in my spare tube and rode home. At home when I looked at it the end of the valve, presta, had come loose and thats all it was. :huh:

PJ79LIZARD

Über Member
I had a flat yesterday, it's been months since the last, but I did recall a similarity it was chucking it down yesterday and so it was when I last had a puncture! I think it's called bloody SODS LAW! ARRRRHHH

Top Bottom