30% off evans with newspaper?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

PaulSecteur

No longer a Specialized fanboy
Hi,

A few minuts ago Im sure I half caught a TV ad for a newspaper (Not sure which one, but possibly The Times) saying something about 30% off evans cycles.

Was I daydreaming? I have looked on evans and the times website and there is nothing :biggrin:

Am I hping too much to be getting a spesh allez for £300? (Yeah, I think so.)

Chrisc

Guru
I saw that too, it was the Times. Doubt it'll apply to bikes.

Rob3rt

Man or Moose!
It wont apply to bikes, this is almost a certainty, else they would lose way to much money. At a guess it will apply to selected parts, and accessories, nutrition, clothing etc etc basically everything apart from bikes. They also sometimes have select other products not included.

ChrisKH

Guru
I get as part of the Cycle Parking Scheme at work 10% off stage 1 & 2 servicing at Evans and 15% off clothing and accessories. Nothing off the bikes or parts which is a pity. At least the Hope 1 for my birthday will be 15% off.

Crankarm

Guru
30% off selected bikes and 25% off selected helmets .............
Non sale items only. Can't be used with any other offers or C2W.

The Times article on cycling is disappointing - allegedly the 30 most beautiful cycle rides on leafy cycle routes well away from any roads. Inputs from such minor celebs as Will Self, Alastair Campbell and Mariella Frostrup. Not a single word about everyday real life cycling even in beautiful areas. The usual image portraying cycling as an activity done on an adventure holiday at Centre Parks or cycling around Rutland water or on holiday on the IoW or the Lake District or Kielder Forest. Such a waste of time this article. Not worth buying the paper for.

http://www.evanscycles.com/pages/the-times-promotion

Today's code *SUNT1*.

Armegatron

Pretty sure it didnt say selected on the ad, or the front page. Annoyed that there are only 13 bikes that are discounted. Was in two minds whether to n+1 and thought the 30% had decided it for me. Grr :troll:

Edit: checked the front page and it does say offer on selected bikes. Havent read the rest of the cycling stuff yet, just wanted the voucher to buy a bike ;)

Cathryn

Legendary Member
Actually I liked it. No it's not a hardcore cycling publication but it was rather nice and aimed at getting Joe Public on their bikes again. Don't be so negative...isn't it a sign of how cycling IS becoming more mainstream? Zest mag has a big cycling focus and a campaign in it...we should be pleased about this rather than being all sniffy!!

I have to be honest, I LOVE Mariella's pink trike!!!

gaz911

Is the fuji 3.0 road bike good for that price? Been waiting for c2w schem, but looks like work ain't doing it. So may get this bike? Any recomendations?

Crankarm

Guru
Cathryn said:
Actually I liked it. No it's not a hardcore cycling publication but it was rather nice and aimed at getting Joe Public on their bikes again. Don't be so negative...isn't it a sign of how cycling IS becoming more mainstream? Zest mag has a big cycling focus and a campaign in it...we should be pleased about this rather than being all sniffy!!

I have to be honest, I LOVE Mariella's pink trike!!!

Pink bike ............. noooo! It must be a girly thing. But her gravely voice does it for me :biggrin:.

Top Bottom