3000 incident free commuting miles....until today

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

monkeypony

When was knocked clean off the bike by an HGV.

Usual story, Lorry overtakes me and then starts to swerve in when I'm about level with his cab. Trailer hit me and knocked me off onto the verge. Needless to say, the driver did not stop.

No damage to the bike and only a lovely bruise on my shoulder.

Still, the company to whom the lorry belonged seemed far more concerned than the driver and I'm now informed that the individual has been suspended pending investigation.

Hopefully the prick will lose his job.

Hopefully it will be another 3000 miles before anything eventful happens on my way to work!

I hope you are ok.

...and bike also of course.

OP
OP
monkeypony

monkeypony

Ditto, i find them to be the best drivers on the road, as of yet i don't think i have had an incident with one.

Not saying it wasn't his fault in this case though. Hope you recover quickly and many safe miles to come.

I would entirely agree. In the last 6 months I've never had reason to complain about any other road users. Although I normally go a longer route to work which avoids the road in question. This morning however, I was late and needed to cut some time of the journey.

Lesson learnt, get out of bed earlier!

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Nasty - I assume it's one of the larger hauliers ? Easy to spot hence you being able to phone them, name road and time..."oh yes that's Jo Bloggs" from their GPS trackers....

The driver will be in a bit of bother....

Any damaged clothing etc. Take pics of injuries ! Shoulders are complicated joints !!!

Glad you are OK....

Norm

Happy to read that you walked away.

I had the opposite this morning, fantastic driver in an artic, waited about 50 feet behind as we went through a narrow village... he almost made up for getting my first commuting puncture today.

Here's to another 300,000, fossy. :smile:

Sounds very nasty (and could have been a lot nastier!!). :angry:

Good luck with the company.

betty swollocks

large member
Thank heavens you're ok ish.
Take pics of any bruises and injuries and get bike thoroughly checked.
Make some notes NOW about the incident, date/time/circumstances etc...while your memory is fresh.
Report to Police.

Ben M

Glad to hear that you're relatively unscathed and that the bike's okay.

Good news that you got the company details. As said, report the incident to the Police.

Arch

Married to Night Train
Yikes, glad you're ok.

As above, tell the police - you're required to in a collision I think, even if it's a straightforward insurance job - this is more serious, as it's either hit and run, or hit and didn't even notice...

Top Bottom