40day and 40nights - RAIN! and crash

Discussion in 'Commuting' started by Jake, 6 Aug 2009.

1. Jake

Jake New Member

good god, what is it coming too! what weather. Made it all the way to brixton without incident so thanks to a lot of careful drivers out there, taxis, buses and cars, oh and MBs too. There were some tw*ts, one van man who wanted me to cycle in the gutter with a foot of watter and the heavy lorry forcing me over too. B'stard.

As for the 'effing stupid god dam ignorant, effing cow who, without looking, decided to walk out into me, I don't know if text is enough lol. Despite shouting at her as soon as i noticed her stepping off the pavement, SHOUTING at her, she kept walking. Of course, not very good brakes in wet and managed to get her a wedgie! lol. Lucky i was approaching a red light so at hte most i was going 5-10mph wiht brakes full on, walling at her to stop. What if i was a car, or a MB, she would be waiting for the ambulance now. So, front wheel is, i think only misaligned, not buckled.

plus, she didn't even say sorry, only looking back when i shouted "words and things" at her.

Here is a pic of the lovely August evening in London, about 19.15

[​IMG]

2. ianrauk

ianrauk Tattooed Beat Messiah

I was very lucky, just managed to get home from Greenwich when it came down with a vengeance. So heavy that we can't sit in the conservatory as it is SO BLOODY LOUD

3. ladyrider100

ladyrider100 Active Member

It has been the same in Notts. My shoes have been wet since Monday :sad:
    Had to walk through a river which used to be a road - so deep I darent ride through it and my socks ended up covered in oil which was floating on the water - lovely.

I love British Summers ;)

4. OP
    OP
    Jake

Jake New Member

Jammy git Ian. grrrr. Had a nice warm shower now though. I guess you will know if its watertight.

yuck lady! Put the shoes in the oven, about to stick mine in now. Yes, and I cant wait for winter when its cold and rains all the time. oh hang on, thats summer too! *books a flight anywhere South of Brighton*

5. ladyrider100

Hmmmmmm - darent put them in the oven - they smell of cat wee :sad: Not sure why!

The ladies locker room has a fog hanging in it this week from my shoes. They normally smell a bit like roses ;)

6. OP
    OP
    Jake

Jake New Member

cat pee!?!! yuck. do you own a cat. stick them in the washing machine then on a low, about 30 with 1 tablet. that will sort them out

7. ladyrider100

Nope - dont have a cat! Must have been something dodgy in the road river earlier this week.

I only have one pair so they have to wait until tomorrow night for a wash :smile:

8. fossyant

fossyant Ride It Like You Stole It!

Nice oop North (for a change)

9. trustysteed

trustysteed Guest

i put my shoes in the airing cupboard overnite, works very well.

10. Garz

Garz Squat Member

+ 1

11. OP
    OP
    Jake

Jake New Member

well you could leave them in the changing room all weekend, th would make you popular lol

nice t'up North?!?! grrrrrrrrrrr never!

good idea regarind airing cupboard

12. Miquel In De Rain

Miquel In De Rain No Longer Posting

Brilliant I'd better go out then I can live up to my username.

13. OP
    OP
    Jake

Jake New Member

lol, well its still raining and i'm sure you will have some adventures out there tonight. The ammount of surface water out there is crazy, its just not draining away. Like i put before, a lot of the drivers were giving a bit more room tonight, they must be taking pitty

14. hackbike 666

hackbike 666 Guest

I reckon when I go to Bangkok next month there is going to be a lot of rain even though it is going to be hot.Plan to do quite a bit of cycling out there so it's going to be fun.Must take my bike stuff.

15. fossyant

fossyant Ride It Like You Stole It!

Actually very warm up 'ere..... hee hee.... lurvely day forecast for tomorrow.....

TBH, I quite like the heavy downpours - motorist's think you are nuts...so steer well clear.....also a good excuse to turn my retina burners on...........

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice