71 year old nearly has his bike stolen.

Cycleops

Legendary Member
After being drop kicked in South Africa as highlighted by @Beebo Arnie now nearly loses his electric fat bike but the theft was foiled by one of his security guards in Venice Beach California who drew a taser on the thief.
Luckily for the would be thief Arnie wasn't in Terminator mode.
https://mol.im/a/7117199

Last edited:

glasgowcyclist

Charming but somewhat feckless
For those who don't want to follow an obscured Daily Mail link, the story is elsewhere >>>

https://www.tmz.com/2019/06/07/arnold-schwarzenegger-escapes-bicycle-theft-bodyguard/

Pale Rider

Legendary Member
There are two different bikes in the comprehensive Daily Mail report.

Both Felt, but one has the Shimano crank drive motor, the other has the Bosch crank drive motor.

Very similar design and performance.

The Bosch system was first to market, Shimano being a typical Japanese copy of a European product.

U

User169

Wtf? A private individual's private militia tasered someone? Seriously hope Arnie ends up in court alongside his rottweiler.

I'm not holding my breath.

OP
Cycleops

Cycleops

Legendary Member
The taser was drawn but not used if you read the story but apparently it's legal to carry and use a stun gun or taser in California with the exceptions listed below.
There is no requirement for a permit to buy or use a taser/stun gun too in California but is forbidden if you fall into any of these categories:
  • You are addicted to any narcotic drug.
  • You are a convicted felon.
  • You have been convicted of an assault in the federal or state justice system in the U.S. or any other country.
  • You have a prior conviction for misusing or improperly using a stun gun.
  • You are a minor under the age of 16
You cannot carry or use a Taser when you are:
  • In a secure area of an airport.
  • In a passenger terminal.
  • In any other facility for regular commuter operations.
  • In any state or local government building.
  • In a meeting that is open to the public

Last edited:

Vantage

Carbon fibre... LMAO!!!
Wtf? A private individual's private militia tasered someone? Seriously hope Arnie ends up in court alongside his rottweiler.

I'm not holding my breath.
I'm guessing you think someone taking forceful precautions to stop a criminal is wrong? Maybe we should just hand over our property to thieving scumbags with a smile and pay them to do it too?
If I saw some lowlife attempting to steal my bike and I had a gun on me, I'd happily shoot the bas**rd.

U

User169

I'm guessing you think someone taking forceful precautions to stop a criminal is wrong? Maybe we should just hand over our property to thieving scumbags with a smile and pay them to do it too?
If I saw some lowlife attempting to steal my bike and I had a gun on me, I'd happily shoot the bas**rd.
Er, you want to summarily execute anyone you think might have stolen your bike? Dude - get a grip!

Joey Shabadoo

My pronouns are "He", "Him" and "buggerlugs"

:laugh:

Top Bottom