1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

96th Scheldeprijs Vlaanderen (Spoiler)

Discussion in 'Pro Cycling (Road and Track Racing)' started by John the Monkey, 16 Apr 2008.

1. John the Monkey

John the Monkey Frivolous Cyclist

Anyone follow this race today?

I missed the last part of the coverage, but it sounded like a great finish - Cavendish sprinting past Boonen (who'd let up a little in premature celebration, apparently) to take victory.

Details are on Cyclingnews;

Results and Report

Archived Live Coverage (Text report)

Not a major race (according to the folk discussing it elsewhere) but nice to see some British success on the road as well as the track.

2. OP
    OP
    John the Monkey

Superb series of photos in that report too - look at this one, as Cavendish and Boonen both realise what's happened...

http://www.cyclingnews.com/photos/2...=/photos/2008/apr08/scheldeprijs08/Par1888720

3. I was wondering what the Quick Step team mate, behind Boonen, was thinking...;)

4. Dave5N

Dave5N Über Member

5. rich p

rich p ridiculous old lush

What a steal! Good on him..
    Cheers for the video link Dave.

6. mondobongo

mondobongo Über Member

Quality nice to see Cav getting a win, but then he goes and makes a right nana of himself by falling off the podium flat on his back. Click on Cavenish glijdt uit on the video link.

7. OP
    OP
    John the Monkey

Fantastic!

I was looking for a video link showing the finish last night, but could only find the one of Cav falling over :smile:

8. Keith Oates

Keith Oates Janner

Can't see the video link but never the less it was a good performance from Cavendish, I bet Boonen gave a little curse under his breath when he went past him!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

9. yello

yello Guru

I had to switch to IE to watch the videos, Firefox wouldn't play the game, dunno why.

Still, great stuff though I wonder if non-native English speakers would understand a word of what Cavendish said!

10. rich p

I understood as much of the Belgian as Cav!

11. Disgruntled Goat

Disgruntled Goat New Member

Nice to see cry-baby Cav win something

12. rich p

You mean apart from the 2 stages in that road race 2 weeks ago and the gold in the madison at the Worlds?

13. yello

yello Guru

And apart from the aqueducts, sanitation....