96th Scheldeprijs Vlaanderen (Spoiler)

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

John the Monkey

Frivolous Cyclist
Anyone follow this race today?

I missed the last part of the coverage, but it sounded like a great finish - Cavendish sprinting past Boonen (who'd let up a little in premature celebration, apparently) to take victory.

Details are on Cyclingnews;

Results and Report

Archived Live Coverage (Text report)

Not a major race (according to the folk discussing it elsewhere) but nice to see some British success on the road as well as the track.

OP
OP
John the Monkey

John the Monkey

Frivolous Cyclist
Superb series of photos in that report too - look at this one, as Cavendish and Boonen both realise what's happened...

http://www.cyclingnews.com/photos/2...=/photos/2008/apr08/scheldeprijs08/Par1888720

mondobongo

Über Member
Quality nice to see Cav getting a win, but then he goes and makes a right nana of himself by falling off the podium flat on his back. Click on Cavenish glijdt uit on the video link.

Keith Oates

Janner
Can't see the video link but never the less it was a good performance from Cavendish, I bet Boonen gave a little curse under his breath when he went past him!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

yello

I had to switch to IE to watch the videos, Firefox wouldn't play the game, dunno why.

Still, great stuff though I wonder if non-native English speakers would understand a word of what Cavendish said!

rich p

ridiculous old lush
yello said:
I had to switch to IE to watch the videos, Firefox wouldn't play the game, dunno why.

Still, great stuff though I wonder if non-native English speakers would understand a word of what Cavendish said!

I understood as much of the Belgian as Cav!

Top Bottom