A first road bike

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Wood Myster

I've had a raleigh firefly for several years but have now decided that i want a road bike. I dont really ride off road at all, but will be keeping the raleigh for commuting on. I have a budget of about £600, i went into my LBS and they pointed me towards the Specialized Allez sport, wondering what people's experience of the bike are and any other potential bikes

Cyclist33

Check out the classifieds for my Felt road bike. £400...

accountantpete

Brexiteer
Personally I'd get a second hand bike for the same money - you would get a tasty bike.

The Allez Sport is ok as a starter and if you want a road bike with no thoughts of upgrading then it is ideal.

Otherwise I would look at something like the Cannondale CAAD 8 - slightly better frame and will re-sell far easier should you ever want to upgrade and it has the Tiagra shifters which are a lot better than Sora.

http://www.paulscycles.co.uk/products.php?plid=m7b65s6p3680&rs=gb&vid=13240

The classifieds on here, eBay, Gumtree etc. Be careful though, especially with Gumtree, remember if it looks too good to be true it probably is. If you see something post a link on here and people will give you their opinion.
FWIW I 100% gree with AP's advice on buying used with your budget. You'll get far more bike for your money.

Top Bottom