England : Cheshire A metric century forum ride, Knutsford. Sept 10th (or 17th?), 2022

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
Hi all...

I am busy planning other things but it is time to mention this one so you can pencil the date in your diaries if you are interested. I will probably trawl through the last few Cheshire ride threads soon and tag anybody who might be up for it.

Primary date - Saturday, September 10th, 2022. The ride will take place then if the trains are running AND the week before's Humber Bridge ride went ahead on the 3rd as planned (otherwise that might get postponed until the 10th) AND the weather forecast for the 10th is not foul.

Backup date - Saturday, September 17th, 2022. If the ride doesn't take place on the 10th, we'll try to do it on the 17th.

The usual type of thing - steady pace, nobody dropped, chatting, and a cafe stop at the Venetian Marina about 2/3 of the way into the ride.

Change of start/finish this time though. I didn't fancy an imperial century, especially because it is a long trek out from Walkden to Dunham, and back at the end of the Cheshire loop. This time I'll let the train get me into Cheshire from Manchester and back later.

So - 102 km from Knutsford, an anticlockwise loop stopping off at the cafe after... ****ing mapping software. It bloody crashed on me and I had forgotten to save the route. Hopefully I kept a copy in cycle.travel... Nope. Damn - It's late - I'll recreate it tomorrow! :laugh:

Last edited:

GuyBoden

Guru
I'd like to do the ride, but I'm busy on the 10th Sept.

I will definitely be available for your backup date on the 17th Sept. :okay:

Bazzer

Setting the controls for the heart of the sun.
Tempted. But I expect to be in the throes of major house renovations, so clearing up after builders and/or moving stuff around the house may have to take priority.
Edit: The 10th has now been taken by one of my daughters for a university visit.

Last edited:
I'm only a possible for the 10th, I'm trying to avoid visiting family but as I've got a Friday and Sunday ride already planned I fear the Saturday may be vetoed... Can't do 17th as we're away

OP
OP
ColinJ

ColinJ

I will update the first post soon! I have been a bit distracted by trips to Coventry and now Devon.

I'll go through past Cheshire ride threads and tag anybody who might be interested.

OP
OP
ColinJ

ColinJ

I will definitely be available for your backup date on the 17th Sept. :okay:
I'm only a possible for the 10th, I'm trying to avoid visiting family but as I've got a Friday and Sunday ride already planned I fear the Saturday may be vetoed... Can't do 17th as we're away
Tempted. But I expect to be in the throes of major house renovations, so clearing up after builders and/or moving stuff around the house may have to take priority.
Edit: The 10th has now been taken by one of my daughters for a university visit.
I'm not feeling great, so not the 10th. Rail strike on the 17th. Possibly the 24th? Away after that for a couple of weekends and then it will be getting a bit late in the year for me so it probably wouldn't happen.

One way or another, I had better do more next year or I am in danger of becoming an ex-cyclist! :whistle:

I can't do 24th as my SO is riding out chester way that day (therefore I'm dog sitting) but if you needed mobile support I'd probably be around in the car.

OP
OP
ColinJ

ColinJ

Sorry, folks - I forgot to come back and update this...

I would really liked to have done the ride but I am fairly sure that I developed another DVT while I was in Devon a few weeks ago. I have had bouts of breathlessness since then so I reckon I have another PE too.

The swelling in my leg is going down now and my breathing is improving but it would not be sensible to rush out and do a metric century just yet.

I have been limiting myself to less than 20 km per ride, often less than 10.

I am going away again soon until mid-October. If I am feeling well and fitter then, perhaps we could squeeze this ride in on October 15th? I wouldn't count on it though.

GuyBoden

Guru
Sorry, folks - I forgot to come back and update this...

I would really liked to have done the ride but I am fairly sure that I developed another DVT while I was in Devon a few weeks ago. I have had bouts of breathlessness since then so I reckon I have another PE too.

The swelling in my leg is going down now and my breathing is improving but it would not be sensible to rush out and do a metric century just yet.

I have been limiting myself to less than 20 km per ride, often less than 10.

I am going away again soon until mid-October. If I am feeling well and fitter then, perhaps we could squeeze this ride in on October 15th? I wouldn't count on it though.

Hope you feel better soon.:okay:

Top Bottom