A Nice End To The Week

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

BSRU

A Human Being
Managed to beat my previous weeks commuting distance today, just over 260km. My previous best was last summer all on my road bike. This week has been half road bike and half the heavy hybrid, so more of an achievement^_^ .
My final ride to day was my first proper ride out into the countryside this year, I had forgotten all those strange smells and brought some of the countryside home with me, need to wash the cowshit of my bike.
Also gave me the opportunity to ride up a proper hill, well for Wiltshire, I remember the 14% incline at the top but forgot about the 20% gradient in the middle of the climb:bicycle: .
Still only 1km long and definitely need more practice on it, good high intensity training as it certainly got my heart and lungs going:training: .

Arjimlad

Tights of Cydonia
Well done. You need to go out in the direction of Uffington to climb some good hills !
You have some great countryside round there.

BlackPanther

Hyper-Fast Recumbent Riding Member.
That's around 162 miles then (can't wrap my head around kms.....it's an age thing:rolleyes:). Looking at the forecast I'll be back on the hybrid next week.

OP
OP
BSRU

BSRU

A Human Being
Well done. You need to go out in the direction of Uffington to climb some good hills !
You have some great countryside round there.
Unfortunately Uffington is a little too far for my commute ride but maybe if I get some leisure rides this year I can pay it a visit.

OP
OP
BSRU

BSRU

A Human Being
Just reviewed the Garmin data for the ride using the RideWithGPS website and it was very interesting information for me.
1km climb with average gradient of 9%, with a peek in the middle of 24.5% and another peak 200 metres later of 19.5%, at both peaks my speed dropped to just 8kph:sweat::sweat:

OP
OP
BSRU

BSRU

A Human Being
For anyone with twenty-six minutes and six seconds to kill or just plain bored a video of part of the ride.

View: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZyEuo2NhGsw

Top Bottom