A Novel Idea for a Holiday

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Speicher

Vice Admiral
I am planning to take a holiday next week.

I have already accepted a very kind invitation from Lord Edgeware to take tea with him in London on Saturday. After that I am intending reaching Paddington to catch the 4.50pm train.

I had considered going to Harrogate. However, last time I went there, it was in very unusual circumstances and I am sure I will never hear the end of it.

I should perhaps mention that it is my birthday next week.

I have procured an ABC of the South of England. Would anyone like to accompany me on this mystery tour. Allow me to suggest this, if you would like to join me, do not tell every body who I am?

Tell me what you would like to go, or who you would like to visit, and we can plan our itinerary.

ttcycle

Cycling Excusiast
Hi Speicher

I am off work from Tuesday next week for surgery - I think I may be too fuzzy and over medicated to carry through on this but if I am available I can show you the none tourist free bits of London if you were interested which may include interesting places to eat cake...:tongue:

I completely understand re anonymity so no problems there :blush:

PM if that sounds up your street

oxbob

ttcycle said:
Hi Speicher

I am off work from Tuesday next week for surgery - I think I may be too fuzzy and over medicated to carry through on this but if I am available I can show you the none tourist free bits of London if you were interested which may include interesting places to eat cake...:biggrin:

I completely understand re anonymity so no problems there :blush:

PM if that sounds up your street
Wol has been on the sherry again :tongue: It is another of her puzzles me thinks

OP
OP
Speicher

Speicher

Vice Admiral
I was thinking of something more rural. Perhaps Steeping Norton, or Littlebury on Marsh. I once stayed in Bertram's Hotel in London, but that turned out to be murder.

I have a particular desire to purchase some Cracklington Fancies, which might only be procured in the southern counties.

I am reticent about where to visit, and hope not to encounter the local Constabulary, they do seem always to require my assistance with their enquiries. I would be requiring a tellyvisonary (is that the correct word?) so that I can watch Poirot, he being one of my favourites. But do not say that to my nephew, Henry Posslebury-Smythe.

Wigsie

Nincompoop
Have you been drinking this evening??

I am in the south so a whistle stop tour of kent and sussex is always available! I may even wear shorts. :blush:

OP
OP
Speicher

Speicher

Vice Admiral
Wigsie said:

I am in the south so a whistle stop tour of kent and sussex is always available! I may even wear shorts. :blush:

Shorts,:tongue: I am under the defiinte impression that garments of that nature would only be worn by Baden Powell's Scouts.

purplepolly

Wigsie said:

more likely an overdose of sparkling christie

ttcycle

Cycling Excusiast
oxbob said:
Wol has been on the sherry again :blush: It is another of her puzzles me thinks

Oxbob - this is no puzzle - you get pain killers after surgery and they can make high and drowsy.

No sherry involved here -it's a disgusting drink.

Honestly, some people on here!

ttcycle

Cycling Excusiast
Well, hope you get something good planned Speicher, as I'll be confined to bed rest I should probably rest rather than go rampaging around the streets!

Top Bottom