A plug

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

hubbike

While cycling through Peru I met a guy called Mike. He's from Cornwall but otherwise he's a good bloke. Over the course of several trips to South America he travelled a route fairly similar to my own.

One of his talents in life is to take a good photograph. His particular interest being street photography. I have to say his photos are real things of beauty. Art in the true sense.

In the post this morning I received a copy of his book Sixty Degrees of Latitude.

Mike definitely has a knack for spotting a rusty car, or derelict building and seeing something special in it. These images have a special resonance for me because they call to mind my own memories of the places photographed.

I am glad that the book doesn't force feed you "a journey" but rather offers you some insight into the allure of travel. Especially by bicycle. And that is getting to know something of the personality of a place you visit.<br style="margin-top: 0px; margin-right: 0px; margin-bottom: 0px; margin-left: 0px; padding-top: 0px; padding-right: 0px; padding-bottom: 0px; padding-left: 0px; "><br style="margin-top: 0px; margin-right: 0px; margin-bottom: 0px; margin-left: 0px; padding-top: 0px; padding-right: 0px; padding-bottom: 0px; padding-left: 0px; ">And above all, this is a collection of beautiful photographs.

I'm dead impressed and wanted to pass on the details here. I know this isn't really the place for a "sales pitch" but I think that he really made the book for family and friends etc and wouldn't be likely to push it himself. It is certainly deserving of a much wider audience. So go on and treat yourself!

samid

Veteran
Excellent photography, thanks for sharing.

Top Bottom