Votes: 8 3.8%

Votes: 2 1.0%

Votes: 6 2.9%

Votes: 4 1.9%

Votes: 1 0.5%
  • Before 2004

Votes: 19 9.0%

• Total voters
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
That would be November 2010.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!

I saw a doctor in the Midlands when I caught chickenpox when I was 8 years old, in 1964.

I've been to the local surgery 3 times since I moved to Hebden Bridge in 1986. The first time was in in 1989 when I got back into cycling and got a bad dose of sunburn when I stupidly did a 5 hour mid-summer ride without any protection. That time I was seen by a nurse who put cream and dressings on the nasty oozing blisters that resulted.

In 1992, I got a bad case of 'strep throat' which I ignored for a few days until it felt like I was gargling with barbed wired and I could no longer swallow. I saw the doc and he put me on antibiotics.

While I was there, the doctor took the opportunity to update my medical records since the NHS didn't have a clue what I'd been up since my previous doctor's appointment in 1964! I told him that my hearing wasn't great so he sent me for a test and I went back a 3rd time to get the results which told me what I already knew which was that my hearing was impaired, but was functional!

And, that was that!

Ian H

Ancient randonneur
2007. I needed a certificate of fitness from him for my PBP entry.

Actually, I have seen him since, in a pub with fellow cyclists.

For the first time in 3 years I drop by and see the doc for a regular check up(not that regular) two weeks ago. Now I have appointments for a stress test to investigate a possible irregular heart beat, lower extremity doppler (varicose viens) and a sleep study for possible sleep apnea. Also some high blood pressure medicine and more blood tests to come.
And with my insurance about $4000 out of my pocket.

I guess they missed me and need the money.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Unfortunately, every couple of months in the last 3 years due to my RTA. I've seen the GP once already and the pain consultant twice this year already (well, will be on Thursday).

I now know the Local Hospital quite well. Got another couple of hours in there this coming week for trigger point injections.

Prior to that, hardly ever !

deptfordmarmoset

Full time tea drinker
Thanks to a badly plumbed kidney I have to have regular tests (every 6 months normally but due to possible kidney function deterioration on the last test I have to go in after 3). So I'm keeping the doctors busy while you're out swanning about on bikes. One positive thing about having ''a condition'' is that I get free flu jabs. That's 4 years without the lurgy!

Top Bottom