A reasonable child seat?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

domtyler

Über Member
?? Nothing wrong with that that I could see.

Trillian

based on my bike stunts when slightly younger, while it is a bit dodgey i've never put my feet in the rear wheel due to the rack and chainstays / seat stays stopping me, i've often sat on my rack and put my feet there leaning over to the bars.

take a couple of mins to bolt some foot rests on and your sorted :rolleyes:

BentMikey

Rider of Seolferwulf
Magnatom, you'd be having stress in the Netherlands, nearly everyone that's two up on a bike is seated like that. Mind you most are Oma-fietsen and have skirt covers and chain guards, but it's still possible to get your foot in the spokes.

OP
OP
M

magnatom

Hey, I know as kids we probably have all done a lot worse, but what gets me is this mother was cycling on the path, probably thinking it was safer then sticks her large kid (what weight can panniers hold?) on the panniers where they could quite easily catch a foot, lace, trouser leg in the spokes of the wheel or in the chain.

Sure it probably won't happen, but if it does the result would be a big mess.

People are just very bad at weighing up risk and this is a good example of it, in my opinion!

BentMikey

Rider of Seolferwulf
If there were panniers, I can't see much problem, they'll keep your legs well out from the wheel.

Riding on the pavement, yes, it's illegal and probably more dangerous than using the road.

OP
OP
M

magnatom

BentMikey said:
If there were panniers, I can't see much problem, they'll keep your legs well out from the wheel.

Riding on the pavement, yes, it's illegal and probably more dangerous than using the road.

Actually, no bags (I don't have any storage on the back of the bike so I get mixed up between panniers (bags) and pannier racks).

Well, presumably the parent knows the child well enough to make the decision on her own. I think it's a bit off that you've filmed her and her kid, commented on them, uploaded it to youtube and linked to it from here.

magnatom said:
They are unrecognisable in the video. I don't understand what the problem is.
True, and I'm not saying they are recognisable. It's just my personal opinion, I don't think some people would be too happy with what you've done.

I tend to mind my own business a little more than you do but we can agree to differ, it's just my opinion.

domtyler

Über Member
Absinthe Minded said:
Am I? Oh, well it's a good thing that you're here to point that out for me - thanks, man.

Erm, you have posted four times in this thread and haven't kicked off and/or told anyone to **** off yet. A sign that you are finally growing up maybe?

BentMikey

Rider of Seolferwulf
Absinthe Minded said:
True, and I'm not saying they are. It's just my personal opinion, I don't think some people would be too happy with what you've done.

I tend to mind my own business a little more than you do but we can agree to differ, it's just my opinion.

It's filming in a public place, so whilst some people might not be too happy with that, it's still legal. Wouldn't be a democracy without such liberty after all.

Top Bottom