A reasonable child seat?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
domtyler said:
Erm, you have posted four times in this thread and haven't kicked off and/or told anyone to **** off yet. A sign that you are finally growing up maybe?
You're annoyed over the Pics or STFU image? It was only a joke.

BentMikey said:
It's filming in a public place, so whilst some people might not be too happy with that, it's still legal. Wouldn't be a democracy without such liberty after all.
Yeah, I know all that, what's your point?

magnatom said:
Would you describe this as a reasonable way to carry your child on a bike?

View: http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=FsjiilX5UT0

What business is it of ours? Isn't your reaction typical of the nanny'ism we all complain about. Would you make the same comment about people rock climbing, parachuting etc... All things which carry a greater risk than sticking your child on a carrier and cycling along at 5mph. Would you not be irritated if someone shouted advice to you about something you were doing......Oh hang on........:biggrin:

Joe24

More serious cyclist than Bonj
A women around here has an electric bike. She has a pad on her rear rack and the kid sits on it, with both feat on one side. She goes at a decent speed down the hills aswell.

OP
OP
M

magnatom

There are places in the Far East and other parts of Europe where that kind of travel, and worse, wouldn't draw a second glance.

How do the road safety figure compare in these countries....:biggrin:

BentMikey

Rider of Seolferwulf
Crackle said:
What business is it of ours? Isn't your reaction typical of the nanny'ism we all complain about. Would you make the same comment about people rock climbing, parachuting etc... All things which carry a greater risk than sticking your child on a carrier and cycling along at 5mph. Would you not be irritated if someone shouted advice to you about something you were doing......Oh hang on........:biggrin:

I take it if you observed a drunk driver on the roads, you wouldn't do anything either, since it's none of your business?

OP
OP
M

magnatom

Crackle said:

Crackle, you'll be surprised to hear that I don't agree, but that's a discussion for another day. Maybe for the pub when you cycle down to Glasgow to collect the CC jersey...:evil::biggrin:

BentMikey said:
I take it if you observed a drunk driver on the roads, you wouldn't do anything either, since it's none of your business?

That's not really a proportional analogy.

Whilst I don't think it's a great way to carry a kid, I don't see it as anything but low risk to both of them. She's an adult, capable of making her own decisions and is riding slowly on a wide pavement on flat ground, with no-one around, so what. Change the circumstances and it might be less advisable or even dangerous and yes I know technically you should not ride on the pavements but again it's a circumstance thing.

Busy pavement, lots of people, no.
No-one about, going slowly, what's the problem?

There are lots of shared path facilities here and on the continent, they work, only the nannyist brits and the puritanical scots(:biggrin:) have a problem.

Anyway that's my view and I won't change it but I'll drink your pint and listen while you try to convince me Magnatom :evil:

BentMikey said:
Again, what's your point? I know it's lrgal, and a democratic right that I fully support - I'm just saying that some might get irritated by it, and your assertions have no bearing on that.

Or maybe they do - take pity on somebody clearly not as sharp as yourself and User and explain, please.

Top Bottom