A sad day in Northern Ireland - journalist killed during riots.

Kajjal

Veteran
Thankfully this is being condemned by all sides as a direct attack on the good Friday agreement peace process. The peace was hard fought for by many brave people on all sides and due to this a generation have grown up during the peace.

FishFright

More wheels than sense
Thankfully this is being condemned by all sides as a direct attack on the good Friday agreement peace process. The peace was hard fought for by many brave people on all sides and due to this a generation have grown up during the peace.
Or a reaction against the attack on the Good Friday Agreement by the Brexit hard liners? Sadly I can see this becoming the norm again if the Irish border situation isnt maintained. And no I'm not supporting this attack .

Levo-Lon

Guru
She put herself in harms way, sadly she was killed by someone wanting to kill police officers.

This thread should be about that, we could call the murderer.... Soldier B

Brompton Bruce

Coffeeeeeeeee pleeeeease
She put herself in harms way........
Victim blaming.....

Last edited by a moderator:

Brompton Bruce

Coffeeeeeeeee pleeeeease
Watch the news.
Let’s just look at what you posted - she put herself in harm’s way......the only interpretation of this is that she was to blame for her death. Victim blaming.

Here’s the framing you might want to consider: this was a very talented journalist pursuing her chosen career and informing the public about the dangers of extremism. She was brutally murdered. It was the fault of the extremist. She was not culpable.

Last edited by a moderator:

Levo-Lon

Guru
Let’s just look at what you posted - she put herself in harm’s way......the only interpretation of this is that she was to blame for her death. Victim blaming.

Here’s the framing you might want to consider: this was a very talented journalist pursuing her chosen career and informing the public about the dangers of extremism. She was brutally murdered. It was the fault of the extremist. She was not culpable.

In your view, you edited to suit your outraged view of everything.

She stood next to a police land rover, riot going on.... Why be there?
I wouldn't and that's all i was saying.

So stop being outraged over my thoughts.
It was a murderous event and its got nothing to do with her being a target.

Brompton Bruce

Coffeeeeeeeee pleeeeease
In your view, you edited to suit your outraged view of everything.

So stop being outraged over my thoughts.
It was a murderous event and its got nothing to do with her being a target.
I’ve not edited anything...your words were she put herself in harm’s way.

I can only interpret what you wrote not what you intended to write

Bonefish Blues

Banging donk

Because journalist. Thank god God we have people still prepared to put themselves in harm's way to bring us the truth. Like you I wouldn't have the stomach to do it.

I hope it's significant that the arrests follow shortly after CCTV footage was released and is a signal of the community's abhorrence of the crime.

Top Bottom