A script on this page may be busy....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Hi,

I'm receiving the following error messag on certain pages, the page will freeze then the pop up will appear after a short time. Clicking stop allows me to navigate on the page, but if the next page I goto creates the same error it will freeze again and I will need to wait for the message again.

untitled.jpg

If this is an issue with my browser (Firefox 9.0.1) I have limited options to fix it as it is a shared use computer, I can use IE6 instead but that is the limit of my options for alternatives.

Thanks, Wigs.

Attachments

• untitled.jpg
    untitled.jpg
    11.4 KB · Views: 25

deptfordmarmoset

Full time tea drinker
Is this a recent problem, wiggy? I was using the same version of FF until a couple of weeks ago with no problem. But I've got an adblocker (am I allowed to say that?) running so perhaps that's why. I'm also now running FF 10.00 with ABP and it's working fine. It's still a release version but it's stable...so far.....

Could you add the adblocker extension or try 10.0

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
Opera and Firefox are locking up on me today. I've had to resort to Internet Explorer (*spit*) to get this far!

One thing I noticed in Opera was that the last message that popped up in the status bar was something about try to contact static.ak.fbcdn.net.

Same problem since I upgraded my browser to Firefox 10 last night. No issues on laptop which is on earlier versions.

OP
OP
wiggydiggy

wiggydiggy

Guru
Is this a recent problem, wiggy? I was using the same version of FF until a couple of weeks ago with no problem. But I've got an adblocker (am I allowed to say that?) running so perhaps that's why. I'm also now running FF 10.00 with ABP and it's working fine. It's still a release version but it's stable...so far.....

Could you add the adblocker extension or try 10.0

I've installed 10.0 but no different, in fact it appears worse ie the delay before I can navigate is longer.

The page in question seems to be the main www.cyclechat.net page, it appears to either be your advert for your tat (joke lol!) or something to do with Twitter. I say this as you didnt have the add for the buff yesterday on that page and it was workin fine, also when I do load the www.cyclechat.net page via IE6 the information bar tells me that www.somethingsomethingtwittersomethingradom.com is loading and seems to take a while.

I'm afraid I cant install any add ons at all on this machine such as adblock.

I'm getting the same problem this morning. I can move about the forum OK but if I go back to the home page Firefox (10.0) also hangs up (Not Responding) and eventually displays the unresponsive script warning.
Unresponsive Script.jpg

Camrider

It seems to be a problem with this site rather than a browser issue. FireFox only freezes on CC pages and works fine everywhere else. I've just tried using Chrome and although it does not bring up scripting errors it does hang for ages before bringing the page up.

OP
OP
wiggydiggy

wiggydiggy

Guru
OK I can stick with IE6 on this machine (no other choice!), at home I have more choices but would prefer to see FF working again please!

It seems to be a problem with this site rather than a browser issue. FireFox only freezes on CC pages and works fine everywhere else. I've just tried using Chrome and although it does not bring up scripting errors it does hang for ages before bringing the page up.
ditto, I'm trying IE7 just now and its a similar story, although it has only once gave me an error message, the other times it has just locked up!

compo

Veteran
I began a thread about this in the Computer section before I saw this thread. I think the problem is with CC as it is doing it in Firefox 10 and IE9.

Top Bottom